Training Course Syllabus:
You’re a new sales manager, taking over a sales team with both rookies and pros. You also have an open territory that needs to be filled as quickly as possible. Where do you start? How do you gain the respect of your team? How can you maximize the skills of each team member? And how do you respond to your manager’s demands?
Gain a foundation of critical-to-success management skills…from proven communication techniques…to interviewing tools that ensure the most appropriate salesperson is hired…to establishing an effective training program…to a six-step coaching process that helps you make the most out of each sales team member’s potential.
• Make a smooth transition from talented salesperson to expert manager
• Win respect by building your management skills
• Ensure your team’s productivity through recruiting, training and coaching skills
• Effectively plan—and target—customers and territories
• Successfully plan your logistical operations and organizational structure
• Similarities and critical differences between selling and managing
• Responsibilities and duties of a new sales manager
• What senior management expects of you
• How to set objectives with salespeople
• Surefire methods for motivating salespeople
• How to become a master delegator
• Coaching and counseling your sales staff
• How to prepare for and conduct sales meetings
• How to set up a control system
• How to reduce the risks associated with hiring
• Successful interviewing techniques
• How to familiarize new recruits with product lines, territories, accounts and sales skills
• Training methods that maximize results
“When you own your business (like I once did), you sometimes just do things instinctively. This course taught me the importance of analyzing the market, where your company fits in, the customer base that you’re trying to expand and how to approach it.”
Sales Manager, Lewis Oil Company
“So far the class has exceeded my expectations quite a bit. I’m really enjoying the speaker and there are a lot of concrete things I’m planning to take home and put into place immediately.
I would recommend this course to others and I would also consider coming back myself, to take another course. I might take either another management course or a sales course.”
Sales Manager, EBI
“The most valuable part of the seminar has been the discussions—many of them very insightful—among the participants—because we all come from different places, companies and industries.
I would recommend this course to any new sales managers who want not only to broaden their skills but to make an easier transition from being a salesperson to being a manager.”
CEO, US Traffic