2012 Neurosurgery Coding Update Audio Coding
Get the 2012 neurosurgery codes in 60 minutes.
It´s not just enough to know the new and changed neurosurgery codes going into 2012. You need to be able to incorporate them too.
Join Gregory Przybylski, MD and get the understanding that you need for the appropriate use of the codes and which services are bundled within them.
Greg will not only review the coding rules, but he will also provide case scenarios to highlight the proper coding for procedures.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- 2012 ICD-9 Updates– Codes 437.3, 747.81, 998 Series, V Codes
- 2012 New CPT Codes– 22663, 22634, 62367, 62369, 62370, 64633, 64636, 0274T, 0275T, 0282T-0285T
- 2012 Revised CPT Codes– 22520, 22521, 22523, 22610, 22612, 22614, 27096, 62287, 63020 and 645 series
- Principle Of Spine Coding
- Instrumentation Codes
- Principle Of Cranial Coding
- Modifier 22, 33, 50, 51, 58 , 59 & 62 updates
- RUC 5YR ID Workgroup
- Potentially Misvalued Codes
- Posterior Endoscopic Cervical Discectomy
- Posterier C1-C2 Fusion with Navigation for C2 Pedicle Screws
- Cervical Discectomy and Fusion
- Posterior Lumbar Fusion
- Therapeutic Facet Rhizotomy
About the Speaker
Gregory Przybylski, MD is Professor of Neurosurgery at Seton Hall University and Director of Neurosurgery at the New Jersey Neuroscience Institute at JFK Medical Center and Jersey Shore University Medical Center. For more than a decade, he has been involved in socioeconomic issues for neurosurgery. Currently, he chairs the AANS-CNS Coding and Reimbursement Committee, and is immediate past chair of the CSNS Reimbursement Committee, the AANS Professional Development Coding Courses, the NASS Coding Update Courses and Socioeconomic Council Director for NASS. He represents neurosurgery at the AMA Relative Value Update Committee and was former advisor to the CPT Editorial Panel and a member of the Practice Expense Advisory Committee. He will be 1st vice-president of the North American Spine Society in November. In the public sector, he has completing his appointment to the Practicing Physicians Advisory Council to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services and was will be a member of the CMS Advisory Panel on Ambulatory Payment Classification. In the private insurance sector, he serves on the Physician Advisory Board of Humana and the Spine Advisory Board of United Healthcare.