ASSERTIVE COMMUNICATION SKILLS FOR WOMEN
You’ll learn ...
- How to project a more credible, self-assured communication image
- How to speak with greater ease in meetings and presentations
- How to handle conflicts and confrontations with dignity and control
- Ways to express your opinion with authority—and tact
- And much more!
Communicating in a way that says "I´m a professional" is a skill you can
learn ... like playing tennis or speaking a foreign language. That´s what
this seminar is all about ... to teach you to overcome the special
communication challenges you face as a woman and equip you with new skills
that will make you more effective in the workplace. You´ll gain many
useful "how-to´s", take part in useful exercises designed to build your
ability fast and learn from the experiences of others who´ve faced the
same challenges you face. Spend just one day with us and you´ll never
again feel invisible in meetings and groups ... powerless in day-to-day
dealings with people ... and frustrated with not being taken seriously.
Don´t miss this opportunity for enhanced communication skills that really
work. Call now to reserve your space in this valuable seminar.
Program hours: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Project a communication image that commands respect
- The principles of polite but powerful communication—how and when to use
- Assess your communication style: Is it working for or against you?
- Avoid common communication mistakes that hold women back
- Gain the assertive woman´s secret to speaking up without seeming pushy
- Forget what you learned as a child—learn to ask for and get what you want
Harness the tools of results-oriented communication
- Identify and eliminate unconscious speech habits and mannerisms that
weaken your message
- How to control your body language—and how others perceive you
- The language of power—how to speak it to sell yourself and your ideas
- When, where and how to practice your new skills—and keep them primed
Handle conflicts, difficult people and confrontations with composure
- How to neutralize volatile work conflicts before they get out of hand
- Dealing with out-of-control people—without adding fuel to the fire
- Are verbal bullies a problem? You don´t have to put up with them!
- How to stop tears, anger and other inappropriate emotions—in an instant
- How to turn down excessive or inappropriate requests without feeling
skills to your advantage
- What your ability to listen has to do with your personal power
- How to tactfully, but firmly, interrupt long-winded talkers
- Astonishing ways silence can open communication channels
- How to decode nonverbal signals—and predict people´s behavior
- Exactly how to get others to listen to you
Persuade, negotiate and achieve power over people
- The most common areas of concern for women in high-stakes negotiations
- Changing how even the most stubborn people think to win them over
- We all want win-win solutions—but what does it take to find them?
- What to do when the other person keeps saying "No"
Say it with tact
- The assertive "No"—how to say it without explaining
- When others criticize you, don´t get mad—develop your "assertive response"
- Get comfortable giving criticism that is useful—not hurtful
- What not to say in the sticky situations that cause women the most
- How to be at your communication best when asked to give impromptu talks
Get your point
across in meetings and before groups
- A quick primer on how to stand out—for the right reasons—in meetings
- Calming down before making a big presentation—tips that work
- A sure-fire way to deal with people who interrupt you
- How to hold your own in meetings where men do all the talking
- You´ve developed your presentation—now here´s how to beef it up
- "How-to´s" for making impromptu remarks and handling unexpected questions
conversations, build rapport and leave a positive impression
- Having trouble connecting with people you meet? Problem solved!
- You´ve only got 3 seconds ... how to make a million-dollar first
- How to change your internal dialogue and present yourself as a power
player before higher-ups
- The most important rule to follow when networking
CPE Credits: 6
Seminar Check-In: 8:15AM Seminar Program: 9:00AM - 4:00PM