|Mediation Training Institute International (MTI) is
the global leader in training and certification in
workplace conflict management.
The mission of MTI's Certification Conferences is:
"To produce competent trainers, managers, and
in applying the core competencies
for preventing, managing, and resolving workplace
These core competencies Managerial Mediation and
Self Mediation form the foundation of strategic
management of organizational conflict, which emphasizes
prevention over resolution. The MediationWorks
Training System builds upon this foundation to "weave
mediation into the fabric of organizations" into its
culture and its structure.
As a result, conference graduates gain the skills and
knowledge to go beyond mere training to create a
"Mediating Organization" one that optimizes the use of
interest-based methods of managing differences, and
minimizes the inappropriate use of power- and
We invite you to examine the Dana Benchmarking
Instruments to measure the results The Dana Measure
of Financial Cost of Organizational Conflict and The Dana Survey of
Conflict Management Strategies. As a conference
graduate, you will be able to use these on-line
assessment instruments to demonstrate the
cost-effectiveness of your programs and services.
Who should register for Track 1
Internal human resource development professionals and other
staff whose responsibilities include training others in their
External training consultants and others who possess
competencies in classroom instruction who wish to be certified
to conduct the world's best conflict management training for
their clients, to receive superb marketing support, and to
qualify as a trainer subcontractor in Dana Mediation Institute's
corporate and government contracts.
External Certified Trainers may place this seal on your
website or other promotional material upon completion of the
Resources you receive
- Leader Guide containing flexible presentation formats
- PowerPoint presentations
- Two seminar sourcebooks: Managing Differences
and Conflict Resolution
- Instructional video
- Coaching video
- Participant Workbook for each of the three modules
- Free replacement of any of these instructional aids when
they are updated
- Certificate suitable for framing: "Certified Trainer of
Managing Workplace Conflict"
- A pre-paid order for 10 sets of participant resources
($950 value), so you are ready to provide training promptly
upon return to your organization or to your client. Many new
Certified Trainers use this opportunity to completely
recover in one day
- Uncovering the Hidden Costs of Conflict
An eye-opening interactive presentation (15 minute and 45
- Weaving Mediation into the Fabric of Organizations
A blueprint for the strategic management of organizational
conflict (approximately 45 minutes).
- Unrestricted complimentary use of the on-line assessment
instruments for their clients, a compelling value-added
resource for marketing in-house training.
- A second certificate, titled "Certified Professional in
Managing Workplace Conflict," may be requested at the time
of conference registration for $25 ($35 if requested
subsequently). The "Certified Professional" certificate may
not be substituted for the "Certified Trainer" certificate;
it is made available at the cost of handling for the
convenience of Certified Trainers who wish to represent
themselves as "professionals" rather than as "trainers."
Internal Certified Trainers:
- Qualify to train others in your organization in the core
competencies for managing workplace. There is no company
- Use your pre-paid order of 10 sets of participant
materials ($900 value) to demonstrate the value of the
Managing Differences Seminar to key decision-makers in your
organization immediately following your certification.
- Internal Certified Trainers may act as externals if they
wish. See benefits below.
External Certified Trainers:
- Qualify to train members of your client
organizations in the core competencies for managing
- Enjoy MTI's extraordinary visibility on the Internet to
promote your independent practice.
- Receive exceptional marketing support.
- Offer open-enrollment 1-day seminars in your city with
MTI's support to gain immediate revenue, to identify
prospective clients for in-house training, and to establish
your credibility as a professional consultant in your field.
- Become eligible to subcontract as a trainer to Dana
Mediation Institute's contracts with corporations and with
its $8.4 million contract with the United States government.
Subcontracting opportunities may be offered once an external
Certified Trainer has successfully conducted three seminar
- Be a presenter aboard MTI's annual "Mediation-at-Sea"
Cruise for Education, Certification, and Relaxation.
- Become eligible to offer your independent clients free
organizational assessments using the Dana Benchmarking
Instruments, enabling them to measure the financial benefits
of conflict management training and other services that you
- Automatically become a member of the Dana Services
Group, a comprehensive outsource for HRD services that draws
exclusively upon members of the Certified Trainer Network.
Any other services in which you have demonstrated competency
may be included in service agreements with DSG's clients.
Internals and externals are invited to view licensing
agreement, price list, and other terms of doing business.
Trainer of Managing Workplace Conflict"