• Solve boundary disagreements simply and efficiently.
• Recognize the different components of land surveys and use them to understand the nature of the dispute.
• Offer informed solutions to unresolved boundaries and unwritten title transfers.
• Tackle right-of-way problems including issues with roads, abandonment and easements.
• Confidently advise on questions arising about water boundary rights.
• Avoid litigation by exercising the best boundary dispute resolution strategy for the situation.
How do you handle all of the challenges that go hand-in-hand with resolving contentious boundary disputes? Wouldn´t you like to fulfill your role in the process, confident that you will have achieved a sensible, positive outcome? That´s why we´ve developed this comprehensive seminar: to present difficult boundary problems in the most straightforward way possible and arm you with the solutions you need to bring them to a satisfactory conclusion.
In just one day, you´ll learn about the most common boundary problems that arise, and be able to apply real-world solutions that resolve these disagreements. After joining us, you´ll be able to read and understand surveys and recognize special elements including restrictions, encroachments, zoning and flood plains. Identify unresolved boundary situations in plans for subdivisions. Straighten out transfers with no written record, such as those acquired through divorce or intestate succession. Maintain a balance between the rights of the property owner and the rights of utilities to build and maintain their equipment. Identify the correct landowner when a river or stream changes course. Review practical case studies and hypotheticals that illustrate how disputes can be resolved. Confidently overcome boundary dispute challenges by attending this valuable seminar!
- THE ROLE OF LAND SURVEYING ON BOUNDARY DISPUTE RESOLUTION
- What a Modern Survey Should Reflect
- The Role a Land Surveyor Plays
- Fundamentals of a Survey: A Systematic Approach to Boundary Survey Problems
- Residential, Commercial and Construction Surveys - "Mortgage" vs. "ALTA as Built"
- The Surveyor´s Obligations to You in Relation to Environmental Problems
- Noting Restrictions, Encroachments, Zoning, Flood Plains and Similar Matters
- Certification and Seal: Why, When and Where
- SOLUTIONS TO UNRESOLVED BOUNDARIES
- Conflicting Title Elements
- Subdivision – Where Are the Boundaries?
- Miscellaneous Matters
- DEALING WITH UNWRITTEN TITLE TRANSFERS
- Adverse Possession
- Descent/Intestate Succession
- Divorce/Family Transfers
- Parol Agreement
- HANDLING RIGHT-OF-WAY PROBLEMS
- Highways, Roads and Streets
- Control Supervision and Management
- Abandonment, Discontinuance and Vacation
- Prescriptive Rights
- Municipal Resolutions
- WATER BOUNDARIES - WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND POTENTIAL LIABILITIES?
- Water Course as a Boundary
- Riparian Rights
- Flood Plains
- Accretion, Avulsion and Erosion
- Storm Water
- Public Trust Doctrine
- BOUNDARY DISPUTE RESOLUTION
- Boundary Agreements
- Quiet Title Action
- Resolving Conflicting Legal Descriptions
- Using Land Surveys to Resolve Disputes
- Tips, Techniques and Strategies for Resolving Disputes Without Going to Court
- Working With Your Attorney to Prepare for Litigation
- Case Studies and Hypotheticals
Agendas and speakers may differ slightly depending on location. Please contact a
representative to obtain an agenda for a particular location.