The demands made on your time and talent can be overwhelming when working in a small law office. Oftentimes, you end up needing to do everything from managing office operations to helping clients in any number of areas. Unfortunately, there is only one of you, so you need all the techniques you can get to stay on top of the game. Now you can get the knowledge and skills you need to wear your many hats.
This compelling seminar is led by experienced professionals who have faced - and conquered - the challenges you´ll need to tackle. You´ll get nuts-and-bolts practices for administrative set-up and maintenance. Employ practical methods for managing the workload and proven strategies for handling finances. Align your procedures with the principles of human resource management so you can get the best out of staff. Foster a cooperative environment by knowing the vital importance of connecting through communication skills. Keep it all together using failsafe law office organizational methods.
- Increase your efficiency with streamlined office systems and procedures.
- Follow the steps required to set up a workable office structure.
- Use time management methods that can help you dramatically increase your productivity.
- Ensure the firm gets paid in a timely manner using practical billing techniques.
- Make a big impact on your office´s bottom line with basic budgeting and simple account management.
- Integrate the important tenet of Total Quality Management in your human resources plan.
- Build a loyal client base with unbeatable communication techniques.
- FROM DISARRAY TO SYMMETRY: EFFECTIVE OFFICE ADMINISTRATION
John D. Saxon, 9:00 - 10:15
- Law Office Organizational Structures
- Law Office Management Principles
- Office Systems and Procedures
- Systems Setup and Management
- Organizational Tips and Tricks for Effective Office Administration
- THE BALANCING ACT: TIME AND FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
Patrick J. Ballard, 10:30 - 11:30
- Challenges to Handling the Work Load
- Systems to Increase Productivity
- Avoiding Systems that Increase the Burden
- Timekeeping and Billing Basics
- Billing Systems for the Small Office Environment
- Budgeting and Account Management
- Tips and Tricks for Effective and Efficient Time and Financial Management
- MAINTAINING HARMONY IN THE WORKPLACE THROUGH HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
James D. Smith, 12:30 - 1:45
- Law Practice Policies and Procedures
- Personnel Policies: What Works and What Doesn´t
- The Hiring and Firing Process
- Total Quality Management
- Exercises in Human Resource Management
- KEEPING ON TRACK: AVOIDING ETHICAL DILEMMAS AND MALPRACTICE
Patrick J. Ballard, 1:45 - 2:15
- Professional Responsibility
- Conflict of Interest
- Avoiding Unauthorized Practice of Law
- Malpractice Prevention
- Improvement and Clarification of Documentation
- Documenting the Client-Business Relationship
- MAKING A CONNECTION: THE ART OF COMMUNICATION
John D. Saxon, 2:30 - 3:30
- Marketing Your Practice
- The Importance of Building Strong Client Relationships
- Effective Verbal Communication
- Practical Written Communication
- Practical Application - Putting Your Communication Skills to Work
- GETTING ORGANIZED AND STAYING ORGANIZED: EFFECTIVELY USING MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
James D. Smith, 3:30 - 4:30
- Paper Systems
- Electronic Systems in the Average Software Package
- Technology for the Small Law Office
- Finding the Most Affordable and Effective Management System For Your Office
- Secrets, Tips and Tricks to Effective Organizational Management
Agendas and Speakers may differ slightly depending on the location. Please e-mail or call a representative to obtain an agenda for a particular location.