Stay On Top of the Latest Insurance Issues
These days clients are coming to you asking for legal advice on increasingly complex insurance claims. What once was a world of homeowner´s, auto and business insurance claims has become a landscape cratered with issues that would have been unimaginable in the past. Do you have the flexibility and knowledge to take on the challenges that come with today´s claims? Cope with the complexities of insurance issues by attending this seminar, so you can deliver the timely, knowledgeable advice your clients need.
Our faculty members will share their cutting-edge information and techniques with you so you can handle any type of claim that comes your way. Fast-forward your knowledge of catastrophic loss claims so you can deal with them properly. Decipher the complexities of construction defect claims. Manage director and officer insurance claims to avoid potentially devastating consequences. Protect your clients with an understanding of the impact of personal and advertising injury liability. Enhance your insurance coverage expertise at this timely program.
• Advise clients on the national and state programs supplementing private insurance.
• Understand the impact damage mitigation measures have prior to a catastrophic claim.
• Identify what the triggers of coverage are in construction defect claims.
• Answer key questions about business risk and contractual exclusions in construction cases.
• Discuss the impact of Sarbanes-Oxley on director and officer liability coverage.
• Assess the validity of advertising injury claims and get practical tips for handling them.
- CATASTROPHIC LOSSES – WHAT IS COVERED?
9:00 - 10:30
- Defining Catastrophic Events
- Homeowner´s Policies
- Automotive Coverage
- Commercial Losses
- Reducing Fraud
- National and State Programs Supplementing the Private Insurance Industry
- Damage Mitigation Measures
- CONSTRUCTION DEFECT CLAIMS
10:45 - 12:00
- Trigger of Coverage
- Property Damage
- Business Risk Exclusions
- Contractual Exclusions
- General vs. Professional Liability
- DIRECTOR AND OFFICER INSURANCE
1:00 - 2:10
- Examining D&O Product Coverage
- The Impact of Sarbanes-Oxley
- Severability Issues
- Defense Costs
- Priority of Payment
- PERSONAL AND ADVERTISING INJURY LIABILITY
2:25 - 3:40
- Actions That Trigger Coverage
- Coverage Requirements
- Potential Exclusions
- How to Address Non-Enumerated Offenses
- Duty to Defend and Duty to Indemnify
- Handling a Potential Claim
- ETHICAL ISSUES
3:40 - 4:30
- Rules of Professional Conduct
- The Tripartite Relationship
- Conflicts of Interest
- Entitlement to Independent Counsel
Agendas and Speakers may differ slightly depending on the location. Please e-mail or call a representative to obtain an agenda for a particular location.