Oral cancer kills one person in the United States every hour of every single day! This is a shocking statistic. Even more shocking is the fact that the incidence of oral cancer is growing and the five-year, 50 percent mortality rate has not changed in over 30 years. Because of this alarming data, health experts recommend that ALL adults beyond the age of 18 receive annual oral cancer screenings. Are we seeing everything that we should by merely doing traditional oral examinations? How effective are dental professionals in their screening procedures? How can we do a more thorough examination while increasing productivity and growing our practices? Attend this one-day seminar and learn how to incorporate oral screening into your practice in a practical and efficient manner. Attendees will learn how to effectively screen for oral cancer, increase your clinical competency and communicate your findings compassionately to patients. New technologies available for performing more effective oral cancer screenings and biopsy procedures will be examined, along with helpful time management tips to utilize when performing oral screenings. This seminar outlines the role each dental professional plays in the development of efficient oral cancer screening within any practice. Become a part of the growing group of health care professionals committed to saving the lives of patients entrusted to their care. It feels great to save a tooth ... it feels even better to save a life!
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Examine statistics and risk factors for oral cancer
- Develop effective communication skills for the dentist and dental team
- Review necessary steps for a thorough clinical examination
- Identify new technologies now available for performing oral cancer screening procedures
- Integrate oral cancer screening/detection into your practice
- Discover the integral role each member of the dental team plays in oral
- Discover why oral cancer is growing among both young and older patients
- Identify known oral cancer risk factors
- Develop effective communication skills surrounding oral cancer
- Outline methods for a quick and thorough clinical examination
- Recognize the benefits of immuno-florescence technology and when to utilize it
- Explain how to communicate positive findings to your patients in a positive, but serious manner
- Examine the importance of developing a network of caring health care professionals that you can refer patients to
- Determine what the next step should be for your patient once a suspicious lesion is found
- Compare and contrast which screening and biopsy technologies best meet your patient and practice needs
- Discuss time management and profitability of oral cancer screenings
- Identify how oral cancer screening helps your patients, but also builds your practice
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Jonathan A. Bregman, DMD, FAGD, is a clinician, speaker, consultant and author who has led successful dental practices for more than 30 years. In addition, Dr. Bregman has held an adjunct faculty position at the University of North Carolina Dental School at Chapel Hill for 17 years. Dr. Bregman is a Fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry and has laser certification from the World Clinical Laser Institute. He is a member of several professional organizations, including the American Dental Association, the Academy of General Dentistry, the North Carolina Dental Society, Academy of Dental Management Consultants, LD Pankey Alumni Association, the Speaking Consulting Network, the Carolinas Speakers Association and a member of the National Speakers Association.
Dr. Bregman presents and publishes worldwide on topics including: Maximizing investment in dental technology, early oral cancer detection, practice transitions and team building. His articles have been published in such journals as Access Magazine, Dental Practice Report, Dentalcompare, and Modern Dental Hygiene. Dr. Bregman is currently editor of the Laser Learning Center for Dentalcompare and is co-managing partner of AssessWorks, a company focused on improving practice productivity through effective hiring and development of team members. He has presented seminars both nationally and internationally, most recently in Australia and New Zealand.
"Dr. Jonathan Bregman´s seminars are full of valuable information. He teaches with passion and integrity. Anyone attending his course is sure to come away with valuable tools, increased knowledge and a renewed passion for dentistry!"
- Lois Banta, Banta Consulting Group, Grain Valley, MO
"Dr. Jonathan Bregman is one of the most dynamic and passionate speakers in the dental profession today. His presentation to the doctors in our practice is still the most talked about CE course we´ve ever had and is still talked about whenever we get together. It is the presentation all others are compared to again and again." - David M. Reznik, DDS East Point, GA
"We really enjoyed the presentation given by Dr. Bregman. We have attended many seminars on his topic and felt this was by far the best we have ever heard." - Richard Wittenauer, DDS and Lisa Wittenauer, DDS, Newport Beach, CA
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Dental Hygienists
- Dental Assistants
CREDITSCross Country Education is designated as an Approved PACE Program Provider by the Academy of General Dentistry. The formal continuing education programs of this program provider are accepted by AGD for Fellowship, Mastership and membership maintenance credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by a state or provincial board of dentistry. The current term of approval extends from 10/19/2007 to 9/30/2011. It is offered for 6 credit hours.
This program has been submitted for 6 hours of continuing education credit to the Dental Assisting National Board, Inc. "DANB Approval" indicates that a continuing education course appears to meet certain specifications as described in the DANB Recertification Guidelines. DANB does not, however, endorse or recommend any particular continuing education course and is not responsible for the quality of any course content.
This seminar qualifies for 6 continuing education hours as required by many national, state and local licensing boards and professional organizations. Save your course outline and certificate of completion, and contact your own board or organization for specific filing requirements.
SEMINAR CLASS TIME:
Seminar Check-in: 7:30 AM Seminar Class 8:00 AM - 3:30 PM