Gain a clear understanding of the fine points of today’s law—and how to stay out of court
An employee tells an off-color joke, sends around a suggestive e-mail or gives a co-worker a shoulder rub. Is it harassment? It’s your job to know and prevent it if it is. That’s why we’ve created this audio conference—so you can understand harassment, set and enforce standards for acceptable behavior and keep your company out of legal trouble.
Myths and misconceptions about harassment abound. This audio conference will clear them up fast so you can confidently and legally maintain a harassment-free workplace. Learn what harassment really is … how to determine if a behavior is acceptable or not … what your role is in preventing harassment … and legal considerations you need to be aware of. Don’t miss this opportunity to get the up-to-the-minute facts you need to establish clear boundaries and take action should someone cross the line. You owe it to your employees and your company. Sign up now.
This session is the place to turn to:
- Find out what workplace harassment is and isn’t
- Learn who legally protected groups are
- Identifying the discriminatory practices prohibited by Title VII and ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act)
- Understanding the requirements of the Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- 3 steps an organization can implement as part of its general operating procedures to minimize its liability for a harassment claim
- How to establish and enforce an effective policy statement prohibiting harassment
- How to use the “reasonable person” and “reasonable woman” standards to determine whether certain kinds of behavior are acceptable
- Understanding your role in preventing harassment
Audio event plus CD recording*: Just $448 (You save $50!)
Audio event Only: Just $249
Audio CD recording*: Just $249
* Each of our live audio conferences is recorded. CD recordings may be purchased
when you register for a live event ($50 savings when you do), or you may purchase the CD recording separately. CDs are available 14 – 21 days after the event.
When you sign up for a SkillPath audio conference or webinar, your registration fee entitles you to one conference phone-line/webinar connection. Buy as many connections as you need and the number of people joining you to learn on each connection is totally up to you! Your single connection covers unlimited participants, and includes a workbook in pdf format each participant can print out to use. The convenience of concise training dealing with important business issues presented right in your own office or conference room—and for one low price—simply can’t be beat. You can count on SkillPath to present only the most up-to-date skills you can use right away to take the next step up your career ladder.
Conference start times:
2 p.m. Eastern
1 p.m. Central
12 p.m. Mountain
11 a.m. Pacific
10 a.m. Alaskan