Improving Your Communication: Skills for Success
Communication skills can make or break your career. What are yours doing for
You’ve heard it time and again. Communication skills are what make and break
careers. One communication blunder and your image — no, reputation — is in the
trash. And let’s face it, people simply don’t forgive and forget when we say the
Think about it. Have you ever stood silently while someone else got credit for
YOUR great idea? Have you ever stuck your foot in your mouth and beat yourself
up for days over it? Have you ever stressed when talking to upper management?
People just like you face situations just like this (and even more) every day.
It’s up to you to make the most out of these opportunities. And having the
confidence to know what to say is your key to long-term career success. That’s
where this workshop comes in.
Turn every meeting ... e-mail ... and conversation into opportunity. We’ll show
With so many opportunities riding on what you say, you simply must have
effective communication skills. In fact there is no other skill set more
important to your career and financial success than your ability to influence,
motivate, and effectively communicate with a variety of people in a variety of
business settings and situations.
In just one day you’ll gain the critical skills you need to deliver engaging
presentations — write e-mails that are clear, concise, and convey the message
you intend; increase your personal presence in a room of business professionals;
express your ideas with confidence and power — and that’s just the beginning!
More respect and recognition can be yours ... if you know these secrets.
Just imagine how great it would feel to gain your colleagues’ respect — and how
your career would benefit if you could present your ideas clearly and
powerfully, could get any audience to buy in to your ideas, and could build
instant rapport with everyone you meet. This workshop is chock-full of the most
essential communication secrets you need to handle every situation that comes
Enroll today and learn the secrets you need to be a powerful, confident
communicator when it matters MOST to you and your career.
What You'll Learn:
- Persuade others to your way of thinking and gain their
- Shine in meetings by presenting your ideas powerfully and
- Write e-mails that grab your reader’s attention and get
- Communicate assertively to get what you want without
- Establish immediate rapport with coworkers and other
- Make stand-out presentations that earn rave reviews.
- Maintain a professional tone in your e-mails so you don’t
- Increase the amount of information you receive from any
exchange through active listening.
- Gain the confidence to ask for what you want and get it!
- Make the most out of networking events by working the room
- Speak fluently and assertively even under stress and
Assertive Communication: Establish Credibility and Project Confidence
- Simple ways to build confidence in yourself
- How to announce your ideas confidently and effectively
- Strategies for projecting confidence and authority through your body
- The secret to asking for what you want and getting it!
- How to say NO and not feel guilty
- Guidelines for giving and receiving feedback
- Assertive responses for common workplace scenarios
Activate Your Listening Skills
- How excellent listening skills can expand your personal power
- Tips for using "attentive silence" to free the speaker to think and
- Are you unintentionally shutting out important information or feedback?
Here’s how to stop it
- How to harness the 4 key skills of master listeners
- Foolproof tips for reading body language and nonverbal cues
- What to do when the person you’re listening to is a person who won’t stop
Become a Valuable Player in Meetings
- Meeting preparation — why it’s a must!
- Proven strategies for calming your nerves before speaking
- Tips to constructively sharing your ideas and thoughts
- Surefire techniques for getting others to see your point of view — and
winning them over
- Foolproof tips for standing your ground when disagreements arise
- Strategies for handling people who interrupt you
- Meeting etiquette everyone should follow
Deliver Powerful Presentations
- Guidelines for developing and organizing presentation content
- How to capture an audience’s attention immediately
- Expert tips for selecting the right tone and pitch
- Planning and preparing strong beginnings and endings in your presentations
- Proven strategies for reaching reluctant and uninterested audiences
- The secrets to reducing stress and anxiety before presenting
- How to respond professionally to questions from the audience
E-mail Writing Tips From the Pros
- Seven common errors people make when writing an e-mail and how to avoid
- Generating rock-solid subject lines, openings, and endings
- Tips for maintaining a professional tone when writing e-mails
- Two big benefits of writing clear, concise e-mails and how to do it
- Key tips for writing shorter e-mails that still get your message across
- Situations when e-mail is inappropriate
- Three things all good e-mail messages have in common
Making the Most Out of Networking
- Foolproof tips for making a positive first impression
- Practical guidelines for increasing your personal presence
- How to attract people to you mentally and physically
- Five tips for helping people remember you (in an excellent way!)
- Three effortless ways to make a lasting impression
- Expert strategies for following up after the event
Training Seminar Time:
Training Seminar Check-In: 8:30 AM Training Seminar Class:
9:00 AM - 4:00 PM