Straight Talk for Unproductive & Underperforming Employees
Ever lost sleep wondering what to do with an employee who has wandered “off
Take heart – at one time or another most mangers find themselves
struggling with difficult employee performance issues. After all, keeping
employees on track is one of the most difficult jobs there is. Yet, as a leader
it’s THE most important function you perform.
A New Way to Look at Performance Issues That You Know You
The Manager & Supervisor’s Guide to Delivering Criticism, Discipline &
Constructive Feedback With Authority, Tact and Finesse arms you with the
know-how you need to deal with all your staff performance problems. In just one
day, you’ll learn how to confidently handle the conversations with employees
that you’ve been dreading. You’ll view your challenging employees with a new
insight ... ready to do what it takes to rid them of those work habits that are
bringing them (and everyone else around them) down.
A Rare Chance to Learn With Other Leaders Who Can Totally
Relate to What You’re Dealing With
This seminar is based on sound practices drawn from the real-world, which means
you get criticism and feedback principles that have stood the test of time. You
won’t get a day of theoretical lecture and the flavor-of-the-month management
techniques. Your employees have already heard those. You are going to hear it
straight from a training expert who has been in the trenches, too.
As an added bonus, you’ll sit shoulder-to-shoulder with others
in your shoes. You’ll have the opportunity to brainstorm and network with
managers just like you who are having the same kinds of problems in their
Get the Solid How-To’s You Need to Confidently Face All
Your Employee Performance Issues
By enrolling in this seminar, you are going to develop the
skills you need to …
- Approach nonperformers in a way that earns their trust
- Give feedback in a way that fosters respect and cooperation
- Gain a sincere commitment from employees to improve
- Develop a solid plan for performance improvement
- Coach employees with positive motivation techniques
- Discipline compassionately, without being a pushover
- Terminate nonperformers who simply can’t or won’t do the
Sub-Standard Employee Performance Is One of the Biggest
Money Drains Organizations Face Today!
Each year, organizations spend millions on poor-quality work, low employee
productivity, high turnover, negativism and absenteeism. You pay for it in time
and money. You owe it to yourself and your organization to get the training you
Don’t Let This Important Opportunity Pass You By – Enroll
You’ll leave this seminar with new confidence, armed with the skills and
knowledge you need to evaluate and deal with your every performance problem –
guaranteed. See you at the workshop!
What You'll Learn:
When employee performance is off-track, as a leader it’s your
job to get it back on-track. It’s one of the toughest responsibilities you
shoulder, yet one of the most important.
That’s why we’ve created this all-new workshop … to give you
the techniques, tools and proven strategies you need to get the results you
- Know when you are crossing the line between positive,
motivating feedback and damaging, negative criticism
- Find out how great managers get to the root of employee
- Know when employee behavior has crossed the line where
discipline is no longer and option but an absolute “must”
- Understand how to maintain your authority as a leader while
still delivering feedback with tact
- Learn why your body language and voice tone say volumes
more than the words that are come out of your mouth
- Master the fine art of finesse in winning employees over,
even when they probably don’t want to hear what you have to say
Who Should Attend?
Do these situations sound all too familiar?
- You have an employee who does a fine job with her work, but
she just can’t seem to get along with other people.
- Every time you talk to an employee about doing something
differently, he immediately gets defensive and won’t listen.
- You supervise people who are so negative that you go home
every day feeling drained.
- Productivity isn’t where it needs to be because employees
aren’t taking initiative, and you don’t know what to say to jump-start
- A few individuals are so resistant to change that you have
trouble initiating needed changes.
- When you’ve confronted employees about poor performance in
the past, the behavior got even worse.
- No matter how tactfully you address a performance issue,
some employees overreact to what you’re saying.
- You have employees who refuse to change behavior, even
though you’ve addressed the issues several times already.
If you’re experiencing any of these problems and
frustrations, this results-focused day of training gives you the real-world
solutions you need.
Performance Tracking: Understanding the Nonperformers
- The most formidable challenges in management
- Top reasons people don’t do what they’re supposed to do
- “Won’t do” vs. “Can’t do”: Know the difference
- Assessing the procedure: Is it the problem or the solution?
- Matching leadership styles with the situation: Why
different employees require different approaches
Communication Essentials for Leaders
- Using reflective listening to hear the real story
- How to address poor performance and still leave the
- Opening the door for honest communication
- Discussing a problem without pointing fingers and placing
- National Seminars Group’s exclusive 4-point system for
handling the nonperforming employee
Performance Reviews and Team Success
- Document, document, document! Make sure you have all the
facts before you get started
- Managerial don’ts that could lead to hot water
- 8 steps to positive prevention
- The two most important questions to ask that cover all the
- Self-rating plans: Do they work?
- Getting a conversation going during the performance review
- Drawing conclusions and future plans for commitment
How to Approach Specific Unwanted Employee Behaviors with Authority and Tact
- What to do when your employee requires constant attention
- Effective ways to get more commitment from employees just
- Charge up apathetic workers
- Dealing with the work effects of an employee’s personal
- Eliminating unwanted reactions to stress
- Stop a negativity attitude from infecting the workplace
- Easy techniques to deal with the know-it-alls, whiners and
- Putting the documentation together
- Warnings: When and how
- The Documentation Checklist: Make certain your ducks are in
- Specific signals that let you know your discipline is on
- Putting your organization’s policies and procedures into
- Interpreting your company’s employee handbook
- Establish a misconduct policy that is fair and covers all
- How to skillfully confront the serious performance problem
Tackling Problems for the Last Time: Terminations and Resignations
- The final warning: How to be firm and specific
- When to skip the discipline process and go right to
- Dismissing people from their jobs with dignity
- The necessary steps in the separation process
- What to say to the rest of your staff when one employee is
- Making sure this behavior never occurs in your workplace
Continuing education credits may be recognized by your professional board.
Contact your own board to find what's required.
Seminar Registration begins at 8:30
Seminar Class 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM