Working With People Is Hard Even on a Good Day ...
No matter what your job is, we’re willing to go out on a limb
and bet that working with people plays an important part.
In any given workplace, you’ll find dozens of different
personalities, communication styles, and work habits. While there are some
people that you’ll never be best friends with, maintaining a positive work
relationship shouldn’t be impossible. That’s why we’re introducing How to Work
With People, a one-day workshop guaranteed to give you the tools you need to
make your day-to-day interactions less stressful.
Communication and Cooperation Don’t Have to Be so Difficult
But sometimes they are. This workshop will show you how to harness the skills
necessary for gaining the cooperation and support of those around you to get
things done. What’s more, the communication skills you’ll learn will make the
headaches, frustrations, and stress of working with people a thing of the past.
The easy-to-use techniques you’ll learn at this workshop will help you build the
professional relationships you need to thrive and grow in your career.
Gain Confidence and Be in Control of Every Situation
You’ll return to work with the confidence and power you need to work with anyone
in any situation. From the negative peer to the know-it-all, you’ll handle every
person and situation with ease and assurance. Whether you’re a CEO or new to the
workplace, the ability to communicate with your coworkers, boss, and employees
is crucial to your success.
It’s a fact of life: no matter how intelligent you are … no
matter how technically savvy – nearly everything you accomplish in life requires
the support and cooperation of others.
Learn the 8 classic principles of influencing others with your valuable desk
As a participant in this seminar, you’ll receive a comprehensive softbound
workbook that outlines the information and invaluable skills you’ll learn. When
you add your notes during the sessions, your workbook will become a customized
desk reference you’ll turn to again and again for the essential answers you need
to build successful working relationships and gain cooperation from those around
Using the SELF Assessment to Work More Effectively With
- Recognizing why people skills are essential to career
- Take our SELF profile and see where you fit into your team
- Strategies for working with others based on their
How to Establish Rapport and Build Trust
- Making a strong, positive first impression
- Getting people to open up to you – applying the easy-to-use
- How-to’s for making small talk with anyone
Communication Skills: Your Strategic Advantage in Working
- Focusing on the 3 goals of clear communication
- How to avoid sending contradictory and confusing messages
- How to make colleagues or employees feel “heard” through
- The secret to giving constructive feedback
Working With Diverse People
- Easy techniques for working with other departments
- Tips for handling emotions and tension in the workplace
- Keys for forging bonds with those who have different work
styles and habits than you do
Handling Criticism, Conflicts, and Angry People
- How to determine the true nature of the complaint
- Calming techniques for “defusing” an angry person
- How to resolve a long-standing conflict
Gaining Cooperation and Support From Others
- Building cooperative “win-win” relationships with your
boss, team members, and peers
- The 8 classic principles to apply in influencing others
- 12 persuasive ways to gain buy-in for your ideas