No one ever said supervising others was easy.
If you sometimes feel overwhelmed, over-stressed and
frustrated by the extraordinary responsibilities that go hand in hand with being
an effective supervisor — don’t worry … you’re not alone! Most supervisors –
both new to the position and seasoned supervisors – struggle with the same
problems you do. And with today’s changing work environment, your supervisor
responsibilities aren’t going to get any easier.
The Ultimate Supervisor’s Workshop is an
intensive two-day workshop where leaders come for fresh ideas and proven
strategies for succeeding in their tough role. This workshop will help you break
free from the road blocks and develop truly creative solutions.
Become a more effective leader ready to handle every
situation – and with a lot less stress!
Supervising others is a constant juggling act of managing time, people, and
resources. If you’re like a lot supervisors, you were promoted without a lot of
training and have learned mostly by trial and error. With a lot of pressure and
added stress! This workshop will give you the skills you need to take charge of
your time, manage resources more efficiently, and effectively lead your people
to extraordinary results!
Gain innovative, fresh ideas to solve the challenges and
problems you face every day.
If your creative pool has become stagnant … if you shoot down ideas before
they’ve even developed … if you’re stuck in the “we’ve always done it this way”
mentality – chances are, you’re ingenuity is at a stand-still! Attend this
workshop and you’ll gain new ideas ... fresh approaches for dealing with today’s
challenges ... new solutions for handling your toughest problems.
Learn proven methods that work for supervisors in top
Why spend time reinventing the wheel, when you can learn what’s working in other
organizations? This workshop covers up-to-the-minute information, “best
practices” from today’s most successful corporations, hot management issues and
the “nuts-and-bolts” knowledge you need to excel as a supervisor.
This workshop will give you dozens of new ideas for:
- Creating more time for yourself
- Organizing your department to boost efficiency
- Helping your people prioritize their work
- Turning around problem employees
- Motivating your people to perform at their absolute peak
- Becoming a more confident, credible leader
- Recruiting, hiring and keeping star performers
- Developing new and innovative ideas to solve your same old
Don’t miss this exciting chance to take your supervisory
skills to a whole new level of effectiveness.
The truth is, you owe it to yourself, your people and your
organization to attend this workshop. Space is limited to optimize one-on-one
interaction – so make plans to attend right now. Don’t let an opportunity like
this one get away!
Ten BIG Reasons to Attend This Workshop
- You’ll enjoy a unique opportunity to spend two full days
addressing the supervisory issues and challenges that concern you most.
- You’ll learn to counsel, coach and inspire your people to
excel, without driving them too hard or too fast.
- You’ll bring greater peace and harmony to your department,
and create an all-for-one mentality among your people.
- You’ll stop procrastinating when it’s time to confront or
discipline difficult employees.
- You’ll get more accomplished each workday – and spend less
time catching up at night and on weekends.
- You’ll become a strong, supportive role model for your
- You’ll guide your employees successfully through workplace
turmoil, chaos and change.
- You’ll command more respect and gain more recognition for
your efforts on the job.
- You’ll learn to build — and keep — a staff of enthusiastic,
- You’ll discover extraordinary results when you begin to
think and act more like a leader, less like a supervisor.
Managers, supervisors, team leaders, directors — all types of
people who supervise others — will be participating in this workshop.
From innovative problem-solving approaches to powerful new
solutions for a variety of supervisory challenges, this workshop is packed with
the knowledge you need to perform your job better, no matter how much (or how
little) supervisory experience you have.
The Changing Role of the Supervisor
- The most common mistakes supervisors (both newcomers and
veterans) make and how to avoid them
- How to spend more time “leading” and less time “bossing”
- From GenY-ers to Sixty-Somethings — employees aren’t like
they used to be!
- Tips for supervising telecommuters, flex-time, part-time
and shared-time employees
- How to put the power of diversity to work — and build a
cohesive, collaborative team by celebrating individuality
- The future of technology: What does it mean to you as a
Breaking Through Boundaries — Creative Thinking for
- How to solve typical problems through atypical thinking
- Brainstorming techniques for flushing fresh, original ideas
out into the open
- How to kick-start creativity in your team and yourself —
and break free from the “tried and true”
- How to stop thinking “we’ve always done it that way” and
start thinking “we can do it differently and better”
- How to foster a work climate where creativity can thrive
- Use time-honored principles to help you handle problems
Communication Essentials for Supervisors
- How to say “no” without arousing offense in others, or
guilt in yourself
- Techniques to make sure your people “hear you right the
first time” when you give them direction
- How to add more power, energy and effectiveness to your
- How good a listener are you? Find out here
- Tips to boost the impact of your e-mail and written
- How to offer the right feedback at the right time
Learning to Lead So That Others Will Follow
- Learn ways to offer your people direction without giving
- How to identify and develop the core competencies all
effective leaders share
- What kind of a leader are you right now? Learn to assess
your leadership skills, play up your strengths and minimize your weaknesses
- Delegation: Your secret weapon for boosting personal
- Ways to get your people to support your ideas, follow you
and believe in you
- How to develop your skills as a “big- picture thinker”
- Using positive assertiveness to negotiate, influence and
build win- win relationships with others
- Are you “everybody’s best friend”? How to maintain the
right amount of distance between your employees and yourself
Giving Your People Motivation, Guidance and Direction
- The #1 employee motivator (hint: it’s NOT money!)
- What your people really want from you (and how to give it
- Are you unknowingly giving your best workers negative
reinforcement? Here’s how to tell
- You CAN get your people to work harder, faster, more
efficiently. Here’s how!
- How personality affects performance: Keys to understanding
why people act and react the way they do
- The most effective ways to offer constructive criticism —
even to your most sensitive people
- Performance appraisals: New ways to evaluate your people
with minimum stress, maximum results
How to Handle Difficult People and Situations
- Proven ways to successfully address problem employee
- Discover what you can — and can’t — change about the
difficult employees you manage
- How to deal head-on with insubordinates, rule-breakers and
other confrontational personalities
- What to do with the easygoing employees who just don’t get
- How to handle delicate employee situations like suspected
drug use, alcohol or other personal problems
- Why the “old ways” of managing others don’t work anymore,
and what to do instead
- How to modify negative behaviors and brighten bad attitudes
Building a Positive, Skilled and Enthusiastic Staff
- The top reasons good employees leave, and what you can do
to get them to stay
- Interviewing techniques for weeding out poor performers, as
well as those who won’t mesh with your team
- Recruiting tips for finding the best employees, and
convincing them to work for you
- How to help your employees avoid the “grass is greener”
syndrome and prevent them from jumping ship
- How to determine when it’s best to let someone move on, and
when you should fight tooth and nail to keep them on board
- Tactful, sympathetic, yet effective strategies for letting
people go when you’ve both done all you could to “make it work”
How to Make Change Work
- How to help your people understand the “whys” behind change
- Learn specific techniques for getting reluctant or
resistant employees to accept change
- Help your people uncover the hidden opportunities change
- Reasons why organizational changes don’t work — and how to
make sure YOUR change initiatives are successful
- How to look at change from your peoples’ point of view, and
understand more of what they’re going through
- Ways to empower your people so they react to change
proactively, instead of behaving like victims
- How to use your communication skills to portray change
initiatives in a positive light
The Supervisor’s “Tool Box”
- How creating a “process map” can help you eliminate
unnecessary steps and repetitive actions
- Learn to eliminate costly supervisory time-wasters from
- Work smarter, not harder, using project-, priority- and
time- management skills
- Learn to take advantage of Internet management tools and
- Discover what new technological innovations and trends are
just around the corner
SPECIAL SECTION: Mapping Out Your Career
- Learn ways to become more visible, respected and recognized
for the work you do
- How to make sure you’ve chosen a career path that’s right
for you in the long run
- How to redirect or reinvent a stagnant career
- Discover cutting-edge tactics and successful maneuvers
savvy managers and supervisors are using right now to drive their careers