Training Course Syllabus:
Professional Communication: What Message Are You Sending?
Eliminate embarrassing written, verbal, and nonverbal mistakes that destroy your reputation and damage your credibility
Good communication opens doors … and poor communication closes them
Communication is the single most important key to success in the workplace. If you can't communicate with confidence and credibility, you may get passed over for promotions, have a difficult time relating to coworkers and colleagues, and bear the brunt of misunderstandings and mistakes.
Communication is a skill that can be learned, just like any other
Anyone can learn to communicate more effectively … all it takes is practice, self-awareness, and someone to lead the way! If you would like to hone your written skills, enhance your workplace relationships, speak more confidently in public, and boost your reputation as a trusted, respected professional, don't miss this golden opportunity! This program combines the latest adult learning techniques, real-world examples, and fascinating role play exercises — all geared toward creating an exciting, positive day of enlightenment and fast-paced learning!
This Seminar will include:
You'll discover how easy it is to elicit cooperation and buy-in (without coercion or other strong-arm tactics). You'll learn to speak with style, power, and assertiveness during meetings, presentations, or while addressing large groups. You'll stay calm, cool, and in control when others get confrontational or demanding … and learn to select the appropriate words, tone, and communication style for any business situation.
Don't Say a Word: Listening is the Number One Skill for Effective Communication
- Discover how solid listening skills can expand your personal strengths and improve your professional image
- Understand why it's so hard to hear what others are saying, and overcome barriers to effective listening
- Utilize questioning techniques you can practice to get to the root of thorny issues
- Master easy methods for picking up on body language and other nonverbal cues
Establish Credibility While Maintaining Mutual Respect
- Identify your personal roadblocks to more effective communication — and learn how to eliminate them!
- Ensure your nonverbal cues match your spoken words
- Learn how to give — and receive — feedback without becoming defensive
- Uncover the secrets to standing your ground without projecting aggressiveness
Enhance Your Personal Communication Style
- Learn to modulate your voice and add impact to your words
- Eliminate "um," "you know," "uh," and other filler words that lessen the power of your speech
- Develop a personal communication style that reflects who you are — and who you want to be
Express Yourself in Public With Power and Assertiveness
- Implement proven public speaking techniques for capturing and keeping your audience's attention
- Incorporate tips and tricks that reduce stress and anxiety before you "take the stage"
- Manage a Q and A session with grace and professionalism
Written Communication Guidelines
- Avoid the 5 things you should never include in a professional email
- "Delete" doesn't mean "gone" — discover the truth about company access to your e-trash
- Learn to maintain a professional tone in all written communication — including e-mails
- Pinpoint situations in which it is appropriate to send an e-mail (and those that require a phone call or even face-to-face communication)
Embrace and Understand Differences for Maximum Communication
- Learn how to look at situations from another viewpoint — and stay focused on outcomes instead of differences
- Overcome biases and take action
- Identify the advantages of diversity in communication — and use them to your advantage!
This event is eligible for the following continuing education credits:
CEU: 0.6 credits
CPE: 6 credits