Training Course Syllabus:
Best Practices for Dealing with Workplace Violence WebinarTime: 11:30 AM PST, 02:30 PM EST
Duration: 90 Minutes
Instructor: Dr. Gerald Lewis
This session will provide the participants with best practices regarding policies and procedures for mitigating workplace violence and hostility. Attention will be devoted to current trends (U.S), civil/legal expectations and necessary policies. Further, the impact that a hostile environment has on productivity and the organizational bottom line will be discussed along with easy remedies to mitigate this impact.
Why Should you Attend
We have seen a dramatic shift away from managing workplace violence and hostility to worrying about terrorism and active shooters. Workplace homicide has dropped about 50% since the 1990s and we know that schools and workplaces are the safest places. However, workplace hostility has increased off late. As the workplace becomes increasingly diverse, discrimination, bullying, sexual harassment and xenophobia, has increased. As such, it should be considered a priority in any organization.
Objectives of the Presentation:
- Understand the trends and costly impacts of workplace hostility
- Be able to assess one´s workplace to determine areas of potential risk
- Learn to develop policies and procedures to mitigate hostility risk
- Understand how to develop a good threat assessment strategy
- The role of HR, EAP, Security