Training Course Syllabus:
“Open the window” into partner sales activities to gain a greater level of
control and drive more business.
“I can honestly say your program gave me insights that I already knew but
hadn't seen presented in such a clear, focused manner before. Your material is
terrific and I recommend any manager in Channel Sales to take advantage of the
—Phil Drachman, Director of Channel Sales, Maxxan Systems, Inc.
Objective How can you effectively manage channel partners who do not report
directly to you? How is it possible to get an accurate picture of where partners
are with opportunities, and then for you to have an impact on them? Is there a
way to forecast accurately with partners? Our clients tell us that the answer to
these and other important questions related to channel management is “yes!”
because the Adventace High Performance Channel Management has “cracked the
The objective of this seminar is to provide channel managers with the skills
to help them effectively open the window into their partner’s sales activities
to both help you drive more business and gain a significantly greater level of
Description Normally a 2-day workshop, this half-day seminar focuses on
helping channel managers resolve some of the most challenging issues related to
channel management through provision of the ""Four Pillars of Channel
- Opportunity Assessment. Channel Managers learn how to quickly and
consistently identify key problem areas on opportunities using the
Opportunity Analyzer™. Focusing on your ability to help your partner rectify
problems early will help you build a strong “value add” relationship with
your partners while driving more business.
- Pipeline Balance & Management. Channel Managers are provided with the
means to accurately determine what is required of them to achieve and then
maintain balanced pipelines with the Pipeline Balance Algorithm. This, in
turn, helps them drive expectations with partners. Significantly, channel
managers will understand how to identify gaps and react early and quickly.
- Partner Management. Managers are shown how to quickly and proactively
identify skill deficiencies that partners have through the use of a Skill
Analyzer™, and then how to engage with the partner rep at the opportunity
- Continuous Improvement. Managers are shown how to conduct a Reseller
Relationship Review™, a tactical repeatable process designed to “create the
visibility you need into partner opportunities and pipeline.
A Sample of the Critical Business Issues We Can Help You Solve:
- How can I capture the “mind share” of partners?
- It is impossible to forecast partner sales with any accuracy.
- We are unable to exert the kind of control we need over partner sales.
- It’s the opportunities we lose that never even hit my radar screen that
I am most worried about.
- We need to better understand where resellers have skill deficiencies so
we can determine the level of assistance - if not control - we should exert
on a given opportunity
- Our resellers sell too low in buyer organizations.
- Our resellers are ‘order takers’ in the brave new world of ‘solutions’
Agenda During this intensive half-day seminar we will:
- Show you how to Create The a High Performance Sales Environment for your
- Using the Opportunity Analyzer™, provide a systematic approach to
analyzing partner opportunities, quickly and proactively identifying
critical problem areas, and identifying surgical fixes
- Show you how to develop a balanced pipeline using a Pipeline Balancing
Algorithm™, identify gaps, and design proactive means to work with your
partners to drive opportunities leading to restoration of pipeline balance
- Using a Skill Analyzer™, show you how to determine where skill
deficiencies exist that impact a partner’s performance, and how to
subsequently engage with the partner rep at the opportunity level.
- Demonstrate the Reseller Relationship Review™: The process you should
use in the field to help you gain the visibility you need
- Provide you with key metrics you should help individuals and your team
What You Will Take With You
- High Performance Sales Channel Management Manual
- Electronic Tool Kit (sent to your email address after the seminar). Some
of the tools include:
- Reseller Relationship Review Process – The Agenda to consistently
and methodically help you build a stronger relationship with your
partners, and gain clear insight into their opportunities.
- Opportunity Analyzer™ – This will allow channel managers and
resellers to quickly identify key problem areas in opportunities, so you
can then determine the action you may have to take to get the
opportunity back on track or disqualify it.
- Reseller Skills Analyzer™ and Partner Management Plan™ – Use these
tools to determine the key selling difficulties of your channel sellers.
You can then use the Management Plan to help you determine how to engage
with the partner at the opportunity level.
- Pipeline Milestones - The milestones will help you to accurately
assess the status of reseller opportunities. This sets the stage for
accurate pipeline assessment and forecasting.
- Pipeline Balance Algorithm Calculator™ - Tool to help you calculate
pipeline balance goals for you so you can determine gaps and subsequent
actions to take with partners.
- The book, “Rethinking Business Relationships: Improve Your Channel
Sales, Profitability, Forecasts and Long-term Performance”"