Training Course Syllabus:
The Copywriter's Workshop: 2 Day
Give Us Two Days and You’ll Be Creating More Successful Copy the Very Next
All the fancy graphics and eye-catching layouts in the world won’t help your
marketing pieces without one key ingredient: Powerful copy that makes your
reader crave the product or service you’re selling or promoting. And while there
are a few copywriting strategies that remain timeless (“Show … don’t tell!”),
everything else seems to change on a monthly basis. What worked in a campaign
six months ago can fall flat today.
That’s why we’re inviting you to learn how to easily stay on top of your game by
attending this invigorating, inspirational and eye-opening workshop, The
Copywriter’s Workshop. It’s two days packed with copywriting “how tos” …
cutting-edge attention-grabbing techniques … successful strategies for selling
your message … and proven tips for overcoming the most infuriating challenges
that copywriters face every day!
Come With Questions Because We Have The Answers!
Copywriters from around the world have benefited from the powerful copy
strategies you’ll learn in this interactive two-day workshop. From accurately
targeting your audience … to crafting the best possible hook … to writing lean,
error-free copy that sings to your reader, you and your peers will master the
how's and whys of creating successful copy.
Plus, you’ll have the opportunity to practice what you’ve learned before you
head back to the keyboard for your next project. So bring your questions … we’re
positively sure you’ll find the answers here!
Master Successful Copywriting Techniques In Just Two Days!
The chance for you to immerse yourself in two entertaining and jam-packed days
of discussing and dissecting the craft of copywriting with a room full of your
peers doesn’t come around often. The fact that this will be the most enjoyable
two days you’ll ever experience makes this the one “must attend” training
session of the year for you. Don’t put it off – register today and start writing
better copy than you ever imagined!
Who’ll Be There …
Anyone who influences the development and creation of stunningly successful
copy can — and will — benefit from this stellar seminar, including, but not
- Marketing managers
- Ad directors
- Account executives
- Designers/art directors
- “Do it all” marketing
- People who suddenly find
they’re writing copy as part of their new responsibilities
- And more!
The chance to learn from one of the industry’s brightest and wittiest
copywriting minds doesn’t come around often! Don’t let this unique opportunity
pass you by … register today!
You'll Learn in The Copywriter's Workshop:
Writing to Your Audience Every Time
- Effective targeting techniques that zero in on your audience
- Picking out the most compelling benefits of your product
- Identifying what motivates your audience
- How to instantly touch those emotional “hot spots” that get you in good
with the reader
- Proven and practical methods of increasing credibility for prospective
Copywriting Commandments That Every Great Writer Needs to Know
- How to pick hot words and phrases that add to your sell – not detract from
- Know your features … sell their benefits – and how to always figure this
- Creating powerful headlines and tag lines that grab attention
- Opening lines that keep your customers reading further
- Tips for breathing life into dry, technical or detailed info
The Short Course on Copywriting Mechanics, Structure and Grammar
- Grammar rules that your 4th grade teacher would be shocked to see you
break … but break them anyway
- How to talk one-to-one in a marketing effort that reaches millions of
- Powerful punctuation: How to use ellipses, bullets, commas for maximum
- Using alliteration and repetition properly without coming off cheesy
- Imagery – the power of painting a picture with your words
- How to make your benefit bullets short, snappy and full of reasons for
your customer to buy
Avoiding and Overcoming Common Copywriting Headaches and Mistakes
- How to combat wordiness and keep the content sharp
- Tips to keep you from falling in love with your creativity (at the expense
of the sale)
- Are your promises big enough – or too big? Techniques that’ll keep your
copy from straying over the top
- Walking the tight rope of writing humorous copy
- How to get the ideas flowing when you’re stuck
- The Top 10 Copywriting Mistakes that kill your message, blow your sale and
drive copy editors nuts
Writing Copy for Different Media
- Anatomy of a great ad no matter what media you work in: Direct mail, TV,
radio, brochures, print ads, Web, press releases, sales letters, faxes or
- How to grab your customer’s attention in 5 seconds or less when they’re
turbo-surfing the Web
- Tips for moving from one media to another
- The qualities of an effective “P.S.” that transforms it from something you
just tack on to the end of your copy to a powerful deal-closer
- Fundamentals of Web marketing … copy rules for new media
- Copywriting for visual impact
More Techniques Guaranteed to Take Your Copy to the Next Level
- Keys to building customer trust in your copy
- When, where and how to use testimonials
- USP – what it is and how to make sure that your special promise is big
- Ways to dramatize offerings for greater appeal
- Testing your copy: What, when, how and why you test
BONUS: Also included in your two-day
copywriting workshop, these special features:
- “Copywriting CSI” – Performing an
Autopsy on the Effectiveness of Your Copy!
Using real-world case studies, you’ll learn how to objectively audit the true
effectiveness of your copy when your marketing piece fails.
- “I Think I’d Rather See Another “Cat
Playing Piano” Video Than This Stuff!”
See first-hand what separates great content marketing, social media copy, and
viral video scripts from the vast majority of junk that can potentially bury
your work and keep it from being seen — and shared. You’ll learn the dos and
don’ts of the art of content marketing copywriting.
Meet Your Trainer, Judith Golden
Stay on top of your game with help from one of the nation’s leading “copy
Full of humor, real-world knowledge, and a keen eye for perfecting and improving
even the most damaged copy, Judith gets our Top Honor for writing profitable
Companies around the world have turned to Judith Golden to create, rescue, or
resuscitate every kind of writing project imaginable. From uninspiring Web
content ... coma-inducing books and technical manuals ... to insipid marketing
materials and corporate correspondence, there isn’t any writing Judith can’t
make better. If there’s anyone who appreciates how hard it is to write
consistently compelling copy, it’s Judith.
With thousands of ads bombarding our senses daily, Judith knows that the
responsibility of making your company’s product stand out from the crowd often
rests squarely on the shoulders of creative copywriters — just like you!
Judith’s reputation as a successful copywriter and “fixer” has helped her build
a client list that includes some of the most cutting-edge companies in their
industries, including American Express, AT&T, Charles R. Drew University, SONY
Electronics Corporation, TIVO, Hawaii Health Systems Corp, Wolters Kluwer United
States and more!
Judith’s professional success and keen insight into what makes copy successful
has turned her into one of the most sought-after speakers on successful
copywriting techniques for thousands of writers, editors, and marketing pros
across North America.
But be warned: When you attend one of Judith’s dynamic copywriting seminars,
you’ll work hard at building your copywriting skills. Behind Judith’s warm smile
and calm demeanor is one of the hardest working writers that you’ll ever meet.
Her love of the craft — your craft — comes through in every workshop she
You’ll leave this workshop with your head jammed full of proven and practical
copywriting strategies, real-world case studies, and shortcuts for making your
writing clearer and the process easier. In fact, these techniques are so
insightful that you’ll probably start mentally rewriting your current project on
the way home — they’re THAT good! But you can’t get them unless you sign up, so
register today for this amazingly refreshing copywriting seminar!
*In case of emergency, we will substitute a trainer of equal quality.
Training Seminar Time:
Time: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM; Workshop Check-in first day begins at 8:30 AM
the best class I have ever been to!” P. Allen, Director of Marketing
“By far the most useable knowledge I’ve ever gained from a seminar ...” D.
Achison, Senior Copywriter
“... a lot of tangible info and tips ... one of the best course I’ve ever
attended” V. Gomez, VP
“Most practical, results-boosting training on copywriting EVER!” R.
Melton, VP Marketing