Training Course Syllabus:
Focus Your Efforts on Techniques That Work
This engaging course will take you to the basics of estate planning and beyond with old and new techniques that our attendees have voted to be the most effective in their practice. Find out what makes these 7 estate planning tools “superstars” and gain practical tips for maximizing their uses. Enroll today!
- Gain practical tips for drafting legally defensible transaction agreements to make sure the gifts are properly documented.
- Help your client transfer a business to beneficiaries without diminishing its value or surrendering too much control.
- Learn why it's important to know when to file the tax return for grantor trusts.
- Don't reinvent the wheel – modify our sample trust documents to create airtight qualified personal residence trusts.
- Maximize your asset protection: learn how to make sure all your clients' assets are accounted for in the trust documents.
- Create clear final instructions and last wishes to lift the burden of funeral planning from heirs.
- Use spendthrift language in ILITs to limit the ability of beneficiaries to assign interest and creditors to make demands on the trustees to pay the debts of beneficiaries.
ADVANCE MEDICAL DIRECTIVES
9:00 - 10:00, Esther C. Wang
- Appointing the Right Health Care Proxy
- What to Include in a Living Will
- HIPAA Release Authorization
- Burial and Funeral Designations
DURABLE POWER OF ATTORNEY
10:00 - 10:30, Esther C. Wang
10:45 - 12:00, Christine C. Weiner
- Overview of the Wealth Transfer Charitable Tax Deduction
- Helping the Client Choose a Qualified Charity
- Requesting Donation Confirmation Documents From Charity
- Charitable Lead Trusts
- Charitable Remainder Trusts
- Generation Skipping Planning
- Charitable Giving and the Zero Estate Tax Plan
QUALIFIED PERSONAL RESIDENCE TRUSTS
1:00 - 1:30, Esther C. Wang
IRREVOCABLE LIFE INSURANCE TRUSTS
1:30 - 2:30, Christine C. Weiner
- Single Life and Second to Die Trusts
- Hanging and Flexible Crummey Powers
- GST Planning and Allocation of GST to Gifts
- Spousal Access and Wrap Trusts
GRANTOR RETAINED ANNUITY TRUSTS
2:45 - 3:30, Teresa J. Rhyne
3:30 - 4:30, Teresa J. Rhyne
- Family Limited Partnerships
- Limited Liability Corporations
- Other Types of Entities