Get all the custody forms you'll need and find out when and how to use them.
Whether the forms you use in custody disputes are court-mandated or drafted in-house, this course will help you find the information that needs to be included in your submissions, give tips on how to properly phrase and organize documentation, and guide you through the procedure of requesting and submitting the information with your opponent and the court. Register today!
- Get fully prepared for any custody case with forms, checklists, and a detailed explanation of their use by seasoned attorney faculty.
- Get a head start on the case with well-organized and impeccably executed initial pleadings.
- Prepare for the temporary placement as if it was the final hearing - find out what documents hold the most weight and how to present them most effectively.
- Ensure medical records admissibility by complying with HIPAA regulations.
- Facilitate effective communication between your client, the children's attorney and you.
- Get all the case-supporting information you need with masterfully-phrased interrogatories and requests for admission.
- Find out what to do when a parent does not comply with preliminary placement orders.
- Explore creative parenting plan options to satisfy both parents and follow the best interests of the child(ren).
- Maximize your case delivery at the final hearing/trial with effective exhibits and thorough supporting documentation.
9:00 - 9:30, John V. Heutsche
- Client Intake Form
- Case Information Form
- Fee Agreement
9:30 - 10:00, Erin A. Armstrong
- Summons and Complaint
- Answer and Counterclaim/Response
- Motion for Temporary Relief, Including the Coversheet
10:00 - 10:15, Erin A. Armstrong
- Affidavit of Service
- Certificate of Service by Mail
- Acceptance/Acknowledgement of Service
- TEMPORARY HEARING
10:30 - 11:15, Erin A. Armstrong
- Packet Coversheet
- Financial Declaration, Including Asset and Debt List and Income/Expense Statement
- Child(ren)'s Birth Certificate(s)
- Affidavit of Client
- Affidavit of Supporting Witnesses
- Financial Records
- School Records
- Medical Records
- HIPAA Release Form
- Criminal Records
- Drug Tests
- Psychological Records
- Child Support Calculation
- TEMPORARY ORDERS
11:15 - 11:35, Erin A. Armstrong
- Temporary Order
- Order Appointing Guardian ad Litem
- Consent Order for Discovery
- Order Granting Custodial Evaluation
- CUSTODY EVALUATION
11:35 - 12:05, John V. Heutsche
- Request for Custody Evaluation
- Report and Recommendations of Custody Evaluator
- GUARDIAN AD LITEM/MINOR'S COUNSEL/ATTORNEY FOR THE CHILD
12:05 - 12:25, John V. Heutsche
- Letter Notifying Guardian of Appointment
- Packet of Materials for Guardian
- Check for Guardian's Initial Fee
- Letter to Client to Contact Guardian
1:25 - 2:05, Manav H. Raj
- Initial Interrogatories and Request for Production - Your Requests
- Initial Interrogatories and Request for Production - Your Responses
- Requests to Admit
- Notice of Depositions
2:05 - 2:55, Manav H. Raj
- Petition for Modification of Preliminary Orders
- Motion for Rule to Show Cause (for Failure to Abide by Preliminary Orders)
- Motion for Injunctive Relief Due to Interference With Parenting Time (Petition for Assistance of Law Enforcement)
- Hearing Request - Pre-Trial Conference
- Notice of Hearing
- Witness List
- Settlement Proposal
- Settlement Conference Letter/Brief
- Memorandum of Agreement
- Pre-Trial Conference Brief
- FINAL HEARING
3:10 - 4:10, Adam J. Thurman
- Hearing Request - Final Hearing
- Notice of Hearing/Pre-Trial Order
- Trial Schedule
- Issue List
- Witness and Exhibit Lists
- Motions in Limine
- Copies of Exhibits
- Financial Declaration
- Asset and Debt List
- Child Support Calculation
- Attorney's Fee Affidavit
- Final Order/Judgment
- MODIFICATION AND ENFORCEMENT OF CHILD SUPPORT ORDERS
4:30 - 4:40, Adam J. Thurman