Strategic Thinking Seminar
You’ll learn …
- How to apply strategic thinking to every challenge—big or small
- How to create flexible plans you can quickly modify should conditions change
- How to ask questions that generate new thinking and solutions
- How to challenge “that’s the way we’ve always done it” attitudes
- And much more!
Strategic Thinking introduces an innovative, new way to think about and approach the troubling business problems and challenges so many leaders are up against today. This training unpacks the skills, attitudes, traits and behaviors you need to think critically, find new answers, uncover new opportunities and make better decisions.
Program hours: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Strategic thinking in a complex business world
- Strategic thinking is a process: Step-by-step tips you’ll use for years
- What many people wrongly assume about their view of the world
- Creating a vision—it’s easier when you ask this simple question first
- 4 things you need to know before identifying an objective
- How to confidently—and playfully—challenge conventional thinking
- An open mind: How it will absolutely change your thinking and business
- Which is more important—strategic thinking or strategic planning?
- The skill set of all strategic thinkers: Which skills do you need to work on?
- SPECIAL: BONUS! Real-world examples of how successful strategic thinkers are making a difference in their organizations. And how you can learn from their successes and mistakes.
Make better decisions by thinking beyond today
- Flexibility—the breakfast of strategic champions
- Making strategic thinking time a priority—even on the busiest of days
- The future: You don’t have to be a prophet to predict it
- Scanning your external environment for trends and developments that may impact you
- Fend off know-it-alls, experts and other types of people who keep you mired in the past
- The role of hunches in decision making
- 5 great tips for developing your own information-gathering plan
Tools that’ll supercharge your thinking and results
- Asking the questions that make people squirm, stretch, reflect and think beyond “now”
- A big-picture view—the tool strategic thinkers rely on most
- How intuition can be a double-edged sword
- Beyond hard facts and data: Allowing your imagination to kick in
- Mental exercises for breaking free from thinking ruts
- Handling risk—it’s more about attitude than anything else
- Mistakes? There’s no such thing if you’re a true strategic thinker
- CHALLENGE: Bring your own list of tough challenges to this seminar. You’ll take home plenty of food for thought that’ll make solving them easier.
Give your thinking a creative booster shot
- What you know vs. what you think you know: What’s clouding your thinking?
- Using “and” thinking to make sense of opposites and contradictions
- Asking the magical “5 whys”
- How “what if” thinking can help you deal with uncertainty
- Strategies for releasing a flow of original ideas
- Pattern recognition: Your power tool for making effective decisions quickly
Move from strategy into action—the key to results
- Defining specific action steps that will turn your strategy into change
- Why it’s critical you align change from the inside out—not the outside in
- Recognizing potential constraints—both internal and external
- Oops! Don’t make this major communication blunder
- Identifying resources and—just as important—resource gaps
- A useful way to think about making choices and prioritizing your actions
- How an overly detailed plan can be the kiss of death
- Pulling your team together and setting them up for success
- You’ve proposed a plan of action—now assess the pros and cons
- The secret to keeping on track
Seminar Check-In: 8:15AM Seminar Program: 9:00AM - 4:00PM