The Role of HR in Communicating Sensitive Issues
1-Hour CareerTrack Audio Conference
Does your HR department know how to deal with
sensitive issues professionally, compassionately, and responsibly?
Difficult times present communication challenges for many organizations and
their HR departments. When a sensitive issue arises — whether it's a global
concern such as financial downturns or layoffs, or a more personal matter
involving a single employee — certain considerations must be given to how
information is presented and responded to.
Employees often turn to their human resources department in times of change or
difficulty. Without appropriate communication measures in place, HR staff could
inadvertently create further stress for employees or damage an already eroding
work environment. In times of true crisis, nothing kills morale faster than
perceived inactivity on the part of management. That's why direct and honest
communication is the key to maintaining a stable work environment during tough
If asked, are you confident your HR team can:
- Identify the four elements of issues that make
them personally sensitive?
- Utilize best practices for addressing
sensitive issues with groups or individuals?
- Choose the most appropriate means for
communicating certain types of issues?
- Address crisis communications with an honest,
- Distinguish public conversations from those
that must be held in private?
If you are hesitant about your team's capabilities, enroll in this
power-packed program today. Make sure your HR department knows how to approach
delicate situations with poise and propriety. With the information provided in
this one-hour audio conference, you will learn how to enhance HR's role when
communicating and dealing with sensitive issues in the workplace.
You will learn:
- Guidelines for productively handling sensitive issues within the
organization, within teams, and with individuals
- Tips on how to create a sense of stability during difficult times
- The four main areas of major sensitivity for employees — and the best
approach for each
- How to communicate major changes — such as mergers and acquisitions,
layoffs, and cost-cutting — even when the full impact is not yet known
- The most effective way to cultivate adaptability to change in your
- How to deal with emotions and negativity — within entire organizations or
- Ways to manage your own emotions — keep the stress and psychological
impact of organizational and individual events from affecting you personally
Who will benefit?
Human Resource directors, managers, practitioners, and support staff; or any
manager, executive, or business owner who wants to learn how to better
communicate difficult topics to employees.
As an HR professional, you must be aware of the best ways to effectively
relate sensitive topics to employees. This one-hour audio conference can equip
you with the strategies and techniques you need to anticipate and handle any
difficult workplace conversation!
Audio Conference Start Time:
1-Hour CareerTrack Audio
2 pm Eastern
1 pm Central
12 pm Mountain
11 am Pacific
10 am Alaskan
9 am Hawaiian
Conference and CD (Save $150!) - US $248
Conference Only - US $199
Conference CD Only - US $199
Immediately following the Audio Conference, the
phone line will be opened up to conference participants who wish to submit
questions to our speaker, time permitting.