Communication between managers and employees is essential to the success
of every organization, every team, and every individual. When communication
breakdowns occur, employee satisfaction decreases, productivity declines, and
team morale drops. To prevent this, managers and supervisors need to be
prepared to deliver accurate and effective feedback to employees at all times;
performance reviews are a critical part of this effort.
For most organizations, performance reviews occur annually. These once-a-year
meetings are often dreaded by the manager or supervisor giving the review, as
well as by the employee receiving the feedback. Yet, because of the critical
nature of this annual meeting, it is important to both parties that the review
is accurate, effective, and geared to produce positive results.
So just what is it about performance reviews that makes them so loathed?
Performance reviews require managers and supervisors to set aside time in
their busy schedules to try to objectively evaluate the performance of their
employees over the previous year. For many of us, it's difficult to remember
what we were working on last week, let alone what has occurred over the past
12 months. Although a performance review takes place only once annually,
managers and supervisors can help alleviate the pressure and dread by using
effective evaluation tools throughout the year.
Are you confident that you are providing your employees with the feedback
they need to improve performance … or do you find yourself spending too much
time struggling to communicate effectively and winding up stressed out and
- Can you effectively capture (in writing) the behaviors and actions that
reflected positive and negative employee performance throughout the year?
- Can you create an atmosphere that is conducive to an honest exchange?
- Are you capable of dealing with employees who become emotional and/or
difficult while discussing performance issues?
- Do you know how to effectively communicate your expectations of an
employee in a manner that gets results?
- Do you have a process in place that allows you to accumulate feedback over
time, rather than struggling to come up with it just before the review takes
If you've answered "no" to even one of these questions, you need to attend
this program to simplify and streamline the process of conducting performance
reviews … and ensuring they get real results! This powerful one-hour training is
an investment in the success and improvement of your employees, your team, and
your management skills!
Who will benefit?
Managers and supervisors, team leaders, HR managers, and anyone else who wants
to conduct performance evaluations that get results — without the hassle!
In just one hour of high-quality, effective training with our expert,
you will learn:
- Methods for keeping track of both individual and team performance
throughout the year
- Effective ways to communicate about positive performance areas, as well as
those that need improvement
- Options for offering praise, recognition, and feedback to clearly
communicate your expectations to any employee
- Ideas for encouraging future positive performance
- How to deal with coworkers who become emotional during reviews
- Strategies that encourage employee response and self-reflection to keep
the lines of communication open
- Techniques for discussing compensation and other money matters with
- Quick dos and don'ts to help ensure that reviews are effective … and
Don't continue drudging through performance reviews each year and suffering
through the headaches and hassles. Sign up for this powerful and informative
1-hour audio conference, and gain the tools necessary to keep your employees
motivated, productive, and positive while continually improving their
Audio Conference Start Time: 1-Hour CareerTrack Audio