Facebook® Marketing Training Seminar
There's a lot to "like" about Facebook
Facebook has become instrumental in bringing
people together through the Internet, and what started as a simple way to
connect with friends has grown into a marketing juggernaut.
As a marketing tool, Facebook has leveled the playing field — you don't need to
be a large organization with a substantial marketing budget to get in the game
and establish a presence on Facebook. Today, businesses of all sizes and from
every industry are cashing in on the Facebook trend — successfully marketing
their products and services, building brand awareness, and connecting one-on-one
There's more to Facebook marketing than just setting up a page for your
With everyone jumping aboard the Facebook
marketing bandwagon, there is bound to be fallout. For every example of
spectacular marketing success, there are just as many flops, failures, and
disasters. How can you make sure your Facebook marketing campaign is on target
from the start? How do you determine who your Facebook audience is, as well as
what they want, need, and expect from your Facebook presence? How do you grow
your audience, and connect successfully with interested prospects? What online
tools, applications, and plug-ins should you use?
We'll help you create a successful Facebook marketing presence in just one
information-packed day of training!
In one exciting, fast-paced day, you'll learn the benefits of setting up a
Facebook page for your business and why you should install the Facebook "Like"
button on your corporate website. You'll be introduced to Facebook's many tools,
features, and applications that help you build a constant stream of relevant,
updated content. You'll discover the best ways to interact with customers and
visitors through Facebook, and get started building a personal and professional
"friend" network to get your business as much positive online exposure as
possible. You'll also find out how to generate buzz and consumer interest
through Facebook promotions, events, contests, and polls.
The statistics for Facebook are staggering.
According to Facebook's pressroom:
- There are more than 500 million active users
- 50% of active users log on to Facebook in any
- People spend over 700 billion minutes per
month on Facebook
- The average user is connected to 80 community
pages, groups, and events
- More than 30 billion pieces of content (Web
links, news stories, blog posts, notes, photo albums, etc.) are shared each
- Every month, more than 250 million people
engage with Facebook on external websites
- More than 2.5 million websites have integrated
Using Facebook as part of your overall marketing strategy makes smart business
sense: it's cost-effective, responsive, measurable, and puts you in direct
contact with targeted consumers and prospects. Thousands of businesses use
Facebook to drive traffic to their websites, generate interest in products and
services, and connect online with their customers. Join the Facebook business
community and take full advantage of this exciting resource!
Facebook Marketing — Seminar Overview
An Introduction to Social Media and Facebook Marketing
- The Social Media phenomenon: what it is, how
it started, and where it's going
- Web 2.0: how modern consumers relate to online
- Facebook demographics: who's on Facebook?
- Your Facebook audience — user trends, habits,
- The Facebook Marketing concept: what it is,
how it works, what you need to know about:
- Advertising on Facebook
- Apps and Social Plugins
- Facebook Questions
- The Facebook Marketplace
- Facebook's Traffic Analysis tools
Creating a Facebook Marketing Strategy
- Research your current online status:
- What are people currently posting about your
- What do they want to do when they visit your
site … but can't?
- Who is your target market and where are they
located within the Facebook community?
- What do visitors want to do on your site …
- Define your goals:
- Are you searching for new markets and
methods to reach them?
- Do you want to strengthen your
organization's brand image?
- Do you specific products and services you
wish to market a group of specific consumers?
- Are you hoping to drive more consumer
traffic to your business website?
- Could a stronger Web presence earn greater
recognition for your organization?
- Execute your plan:
- Identify the Facebook venues and personnel
required to implement your plan
- Start small, "go live," and build upon your
- Harness great ideas for engaging your
audience and reaching out to new prospects
- Use Facebook's Analysis tools to accurately
measure and evaluate your plan's effectiveness
Building Your Facebook Presence
- Sharing content via Facebook: creating buzz,
driving traffic, "going viral," generating revenue, increasing SEO
- How to use news feeds to build exposure and
drive traffic to your site
- How to host Facebook events and invite people
- Ways to make sure your content is engaging
enough to elicit responses from fans
- Why sharing information, insights, and helpful
tips through Facebook is critical to your success
- How to integrate other social media platforms
Blogs, LinkedIn®, etc.) with your
Legal Implications You Must Be Aware Of
- Define your internal policy for content, and
develop procedures for who, when, and what is posted publicly
- Learn which types of content can put you at
legal risk for liability
- Prepare a damage control contingency plan
Seminar Check-In: 8:30 AM
Seminar Program 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM