Learn Effective Mediation Strategies
Current Nevada law prohibits the foreclosure sale of residential real estate for eligible homeowners prior to the completion of the hearing processes established by the Nevada Foreclosure Mediation Program Office. It is critical that practitioners in the area of residential real estate have knowledge of the process in order to advise their clients, whether they be homeowners or lenders. Hear from both an experienced attorney who is actively involved in the foreclosure mediation program and a mediation program instructor as they discuss tips and techniques for a successful mediation process in Nevada. Register today!
- Review the latest legislative updates that impact Nevada's foreclosure mediation program.
- Employ successful negotiation techniques that allow a borrower to remain in their home.
- Identify how foreclosure mediation makes state and local foreclosure relief programs more accessible.
- Recognize the lender's role and perspective during mediation.
- Know the how the Federal Trade Commission views and regulates loan modification companies.
- The Foreclosure Process in Nevada
9:00 - 9:15, Carlos L. McDade
- Legislative Update
9:15 - 10:15, Tisha B. Chernine
- Statute of Limitations
- Calculating Damages
- Collecting Deficiencies
- The Mediation Process
10:30 - 11:00, Carlos L. McDade
- Applying for and Advocating at a Mediation Hearing
11:00 - 11:45, Tiffany N. Ballenger and Randy M. Creighton
- Tips and Techniques
- Required Forms and Supporting Documentation
- Lender's Perspective of the Mediation Hearing
12:45 - 1:45, Kristin Schuler-Hintz
- Bankruptcy in the Foreclosure Process
1:45 - 2:30, Randy M. Creighton
- Advising Clients Regarding Asset Protection
2:45 - 3:30, Tiffany N. Ballenger
3:30 - 4:30, Carlos L. McDade