The Supervisor - Essential Training - New or Experienced Supervisor Training
Supervising others can be a tough job. Between managing your own time and projects, helping your team members solve problems and complete tasks, and helping other supervisors, your day can fill up before you know it.
This workshop will help supervisors become more efficient. They will also become more proficient with delegating, managing time, setting goals and expectations (for themselves and others), providing feedback, resolving conflict, and administering discipline.
Please note: This workshop is very interactive, and will require participation from the attendee’s to ensure that the necessary learning expectations are achieved.
What you’ll learn in our workshop:
- Setting Expectations and Defining your requirements
- Identifying Opportunities for Improvement and Growth
- Setting SMART Goals
- Understanding Cascading Goals
- Aligning your department goals to the business goals
- How to never chase the DOT
- How to Assigning Work to your team
- The Fine art of Degrees of Delegation
- Degrees of Delegation Level One: Complete Supervision
- Degrees of Delegation Level Two: Partial Supervision
- Degrees of Delegation Level Three: Complete Independence
- Providing Instructions
- Monitoring the Results
- How to Follow Up
- Troubleshooting when a process fails
- Providing Feedback and Characteristics of Good Feedback
- Informal and Informal Feedback and how to know what to use when
- Managing Your Time (The 80/20 Rule)
- Prioritizing with the Urgent-Important Matrix
- How to simplify your Workday
- How to resolve Conflict
- Using a Conflict Resolution Process
- Maintaining Fairness
- Seeking Help – the politically correct way
- What to Do If You’ve Been Promoted from within the Team
- What to Do If You’re Leading a Brand New Team
- What to Do if You’re Taking on an Established
- A Survival Guide for the New Supervisor
- Wrapping Up
This is a two day workshop. You will receive a copy of the course workbook , a summary quick reference sheet, as well as a certificate of course completion
Dress Policy: Business Casual
- Snacks and Beverage (Morning & Afternoon) are provided. Lunch is not provided.
Our trainers are experienced training professionals, and uniquely qualified to help you build your skills and expertise to deliver real world solutions to your real world business challenges because they have been Training Managers, Supervisors, Managers, Executives and Plant Managers who have successfully lead large facilities. They have faced the challenges you are, and can help give you the real solutions you need to your real opportunities.
Questions after the training:
If you have questions or need further help specific to the training you received, we encourage you to email us your question, and our team will review and give you personal feedback and help you work through whatever opportunity you are facing.
Seminar Check-In 8:30 a.m. Seminar Program
9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.