OSHA Needlestick Safety Audio Conference
1-Hour CareerTrack Audio Conference
The Needlestick Safety and Prevention Act that amended OSHA's Bloodborne
Pathogen Standard is designed as a measure to govern organizations and uphold
standards to prevent injuries caused by needlesticks and other contaminated
medical sharps. Needlesticks and sharps injuries are two of the major causes
of bloodborne pathogen exposure in any organization with a possibility of
employees being exposed to contaminated sharps.
Keeping the workplace safe of possible diseases carried by needlesticks is of
the utmost importance to your organization. Needlesticks and sharps injuries
can transmit illnesses such as HIV, Hepatitis and other infectious diseases.
In the United States, an estimated 200,000 persons are newly infected with
Hepatitis B each year. More than 11,000 are hospitalized and 20,000 remain
In this one-hour audio conference, we will teach you all about the dangers
of needlesticks and sharps injuries and the preventative measures you should
- Why your organization should be concerned
- When and how employees can be injured
- What protective steps you MUST legally take to protect your workers from
needlesticks and sharps injuries
- When to offer the Hepatitis B vaccination series — and to whom you must
- What post-exposure procedures you must follow
- How to document needlesticks and sharps injuries
- How long to retain records of actual exposure incidents
- The necessary role your "front line" employees must play in your selection
of safer medical devices
- Steps to create a comprehensive needlesticks prevention program
Who will benefit?
Healthcare professionals including those who work in hospitals, medical
offices, clinics, schools or industrial nurses' offices and anybody who works
around needles or sharps will benefit from learning how to keep your workplace
safe from needlestick injuries.
Do not miss this opportunity to ensure and maintain the safety of your
organization. Enroll today to be up-to-date on all the rules and regulations
with new knowledge that could save workers from disease.
Audio Conference Start Time: 1-Hour CareerTrack Audio
2 pm Eastern
1 pm Central
12 pm Mountain
11 am Pacific
10 am Alaskan
9 am Hawaiian
Conference and CD - US $248
Conference Only - US $199
Conference CD Only - US $199
Immediately following the Audio Conference, the
phone line will be opened up to conference participants who wish to submit
questions to our speaker, time permitting.