Preparing for the Next Level of Leadership
- Leadership Management Seminar
Your future is at stake. Are you ready to take
the next step in career advancement?
In today’s cutthroat world, organizations are looking for more than technical
expertise and in-depth job knowledge. They’re looking for leaders. Individuals
who demonstrate a deep understanding of people. Risk-takers with an eye for
opportunity and the ability to take advantage of innovations. People who are
striving for greatness — and working hard to achieve their goals.
You need to master today’s top leadership skills if you want to succeed!
Believe it or not, great leaders aren’t born — they create themselves by working
on their personal and professional skills. And we’re here to help! Absolutely
nothing will better prepare you for career advancement than Preparing for the
Next Level of Leadership. When you attend this intensive one-day seminar,
you’ll learn the latest in leadership trends — real-world knowledge you can
begin applying immediately.
- You’ll discover the most common issues that
leaders are facing today — and how to handle them.
- You’ll learn new techniques for engaging with
people, processes, and policies.
- You’ll learn how to manage risk — and
strategies for making risk-taking pay off … even when it doesn’t work.
- You’ll learn how to build a strong network —
both internally and externally.
- You’ll become a more effective, more powerful
leader — with the skills to truly shine in your organization.
These practical, professional tools will have
a tremendous impact on your career!
Plus, you’ll be building your professional network while you learn — meeting
other career-focused movers and shakers. This is a day of professional
development you absolutely can’t afford to miss! Attend Preparing for the
Next Level of Leadership — enroll today!
Preparing for the Next Level of Leadership
1. Common Issues Leaders Are Facing Today
- Managing with limited resources: Use your
leadership strengths to get the most out of your team
- Address ingrained mind-sets and entrenched
habits to effect change in your organization
- iCommunicate: Are you meeting your employees,
clients, and coworkers where they live?
- Decision-making case studies: Learn from
others how to evaluate your options, make the right choice, and admit when
you’ve made a mistake
- Everyone’s looking for meaning in their work:
Show your team the impact and value of their actions
2. Building Trust in Today's Leaders
- Everything you do is public: What behaviors
and attitudes do you want to model for your team?
- The transparent leader: when, how, and why to
- How to influence behavior in an ethical way
- Leading through uncertainty: how your candor
and credibility will instill confidence in others
- Do the right thing the first time, and how to
teach others the difference between right and wrong
3. Future Thinking
- Put on the executive hat and learn how to
think like a CEO
- 5 steps to becoming a strategic thinker
- Doing more with less: how to prioritize your
time, effort, and resources
- Managing risk for greater rewards
- Are you prepared for all eventualities?
Contingency planning today for tomorrows’ crises
4. Developing and Managing Your Team
- 4 proven tips for maximizing your talent
- When your people need a boost: mentoring and
coaching strategies that work
- A manager’s best tool both to save time and to
develop employees: delegation
- Fresh ways to motivate and engage your workers
- Secrets to making your team smarter, stronger,
and more successful
5. Problem People, Processes, and Policies
- Avoid management pitfalls that put you in a
- Dealing with difficult people
- Discover how your employees’ silence could be
the #1 project killer
- Managing work vs. managing people: Is it the
process or the people who are affecting performance?
- Keys to evaluating, understanding, and
- Do you lead by values or rules? How to know
6. Moving to the Next Level: How to Set Your
Career Path for Advancement
- Navigate the ins and outs of office politics
- Interdepartmental cooperation is no longer a
nicety; it’s a necessity. Build bridges to build success
- Cast your influence far and wide: how to build
strong networks inside and outside the organization
- Time vs. Energy: Make the most of every minute
you have by adding more energy to your day
- 7 ways to make yourself indispensable
- Create an action plan to map out your success
All program levels are basic and the delivery
method is Group-Live. There are no prerequisites or advance preparation
required. Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center, Inc. will offer
continuing education credit that may be recognized by the customer’s
professional board. Credits are issued in accordance to the guidelines set forth
by NASBA. The recommended CPE awarded for each program are 7, the appropriate
measure of credit is fifty (50) minute contact hours. Introductions, breaks, and
viewing exhibits are not included in the calculation of contact hours.
Please note that Continuing Education Credit
approval is at the discretion of your licensing board; not all seminar
topics are approved by all boards. Contact your licensing board or agency for
specific information relating to your profession.
Seminar Check-In: 8:30AM Seminar
Program: 9:00AM - 4:00PM