The Manager's Role in Developing People
- Management / Leadership Seminar
Growing People Is An Essential Leadership Skill
As a leader, it’s not just a good idea to develop your employees — it’s expected
of you. In fact, developing people so you can produce superior results through
those people is the name of the game in leadership.
Sadly, most managers are getting a FAILING grade in this area. Why? They just
don’t consider it a top priority ... or they have no idea how to go about making
That’s why we’ve introduced The Manager’s Role in Developing People ... to take
the time-consuming hassle and confusion out of growing your employees’ talents
This training offers a practical approach to learning the ins and outs of
employee development. You’ll learn how to develop your “high potentials,” your
“competent core,” and those underachievers who are constantly giving you
headaches. We’ll show you how to align individual development needs with the
ever-changing talent needs of your department and your organization. Plus,
you’ll get hands-on practice solving tough development challenges through our
fun and enlightening simulations and practical application exercises.
It’s a day of professional development for you that’ll pay for itself time and
again throughout your career. Don’t miss this powerful learning experience.
Enroll in The Manager’s Role in Developing People seminar today!
The Manager's Role in Developing People Agenda:
- The principles of developing employees
- What belongs in an employee development plan?
- Why every employee should have an employee
- How employee development plans differ for:
The “competent core” – your solid staff members
- The employee’s role vs. the manager’s role in
developing the plan
- How to identify employee strengths,
weaknesses, and opportunities for growth
- Aligning individual development needs with
- Understanding the employees’ needs, interests,
- Does an employee have to be interested in
career growth to have a development plan?
- Creating the plan
What must be included
What might be included
How to communicate the plan to the employee
- Methods for development and growth
Formal training – live, online, other
- When the plan isn’t working
What to do when the employee isn’t following the plan
How to know when it’s time to adjust the plan
- The important role of regular follow-up
Seminar Check-In: 8:30AM Seminar
Program - 9:00AM - 4:00PM