Payroll Tax Updates for 2017 Webinar -
1-Hour CareerTrack Webinar
Are you an HR payroll administrator?
Don’t get blind-sided: be prepared with everything you need to know in 2017!
This one-hour presentation will give you a 360 degree preview of the key
pitfalls and pointers you need to be prepared for next year.
Every year, business owners are audited and found guilty of mishandling
payroll taxes, also known as government “trust fund money”. These infractions
are not often due to a conscious intent to defraud the government. However,
when an employer fails to deduct payroll tax, fails to deduct enough payroll
tax or fails to deposit the tax penalties the result can devastate the
organization. In more serious cases, actual misconduct by any agent of the
company that governs this trust fund money may also be held personally liable
resulting in penalties as severe as jail time.
Will you be ready for your payroll taxes in 2017? Whether you are new to
payroll processing or a seasoned professional, you owe it to yourself to
answer these following important questions:
- Do I have the payroll tax deduction rate changes for 2017?
- What will the new social security wage base be in the New Year?
- Does my team understand how to best use the federal payroll tax deduction
- Will the Additional Medicare Tax still apply in 2017?
- Is my department well trained on 941 filing?
- Have we considered the personal liability attached to trust fund money?
An answer of “no” or “unsure” to even one of these questions may indicate
potential for error in the New Year as well as current or past years. These
indicators may be just the catalyst you need to develop an action plan to become
compliant and audit-secure in 2017!
No business can truly be audit-proof. If you proactively tighten-up your
processes and maintain up-to-date standard operating procedures for payroll
processes, you can achieve peace of mind in your audit-secure status. In the
event an audit occurs and innocent mistakes are uncovered, your company and
employees will be in line for good faith allowances, minimizing risk of more
This one-hour information-packed payroll tax training walks you through this
information minefield and helps you to understand how bring your payroll
department current on what they need to do to be prepared in 2017.
In this one-hour webinar, Payroll Tax Updates for 2017,
- The difference between employment taxes and payroll taxes
- Tips to avoid mishandling trust fund money
- Accurate withholding using the Federal Payroll Tax Tables
- Tax rate changes for 2017
- Depositing Payroll Tax Deductions
- Tips for filing your 941 – correctly!
- Audit-secure procedures in 2017
Who will benefit?
Payroll Managers, Payroll Clerks, HR Directors, Business Owners,
Accountants and CPAs
WEBINAR Start Time: 1-Hour CareerTrack Webinar
2 pm Eastern
1 pm Central
12 pm Mountain
11 am Pacific
10 am Alaskan
9 am Hawaiian
and CD (Save
$150!) - US $248
- US $199
Only - US $199
Immediately following the Webinar, the phone line
will be opened up to conference participants who wish to submit questions to our
speaker, time permitting.
After purchase, you will receive an email
confirming registration. 2 days before the event you will receive another email
with full details of how to connect.