FLSA Overtime Rule: What Has Changed &
How to Prepare Webinar
1-Hour CareerTrack Webinar
On May 18th, 2016, the Department of Labor issued
their final overtime rule governing FLSA white collar exemptions. HR and payroll
professionals have only a few months to prepare for the impact the new laws
governing overtime administration will have on employers and workers.
The DOL estimates that more than 4 million workers nationwide will need to be
re-classified from exempt to non-exempt. Many will view the change in status as
a demotion. Many may also experience decreased benefits, while undergoing more
intense tracking of their work time in an effort by employers to provide
accurate overtime compensation. Preparing to effectively implement and
communicate these changes to workers is vital.
Join us for a 60-minute webinar where we will outline what has changed, what has
not changed and the decisions employers must make ASAP in order to meet DOL’s
What You'll Learn
• Why the new overtime rules were proposed
• How to clearly define of the terms exempt and non-exempt
• What did not change with the Final Rule
• How to view the connection between the increased salary and the unchanged
• Implementation date and details of the new rule
• The amount and frequency of the required salary base increases
• Understanding the Highly Compensated Exemption
• How to calculate the 10% allowance for bonuses and commissions
• Whether the Protecting Workplace Advancement and Opportunity Act is really
• Options employers must consider when reclassifying affected workers
• Next steps for auditing currently exempt positions
• Tips for smoothly transitioning workers into their new classification
You must proceed carefully when reviewing FLSA exemptions to avoid costly
mistakes and lawsuits. Knowing how to properly assign FLSA exempt status is
crucial to the well-being of your employees and your business. With the clock
now ticking on implementation of the new white collar overtime exemptions, there
is no time to spare in becoming well-versed on the new overtime laws.
Who will benefit?
Owners, VPs, Senior level managers, HR managers,
business attorneys, payroll managers, clerks, processors and CPAs — relevant for
all business and industries
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED!
As always, your satisfaction is our #1 priority. If for any reason you're
dissatisfied, we'll arrange for you to attend another seminar, choose a
different product, or receive a full refund — hassle free!
WEBINAR Start Time: 1-Hour CareerTrack Webinar
2 pm Eastern
1 pm Central
12 pm Mountain
11 am Pacific
10 am Alaskan
9 am Hawaiian
and CD - US $248
- US $199
Only - US $199
Immediately following the Webinar, the phone line
will be opened up to conference participants who wish to submit questions to our
speaker, time permitting.