This course will teach developers to build data-centric applications and Web services with Microsoft ADO.NET, Microsoft SQL Server™ 2000, and the Microsoft .NET Framework.
After completing the course, students will be able to:
- Describe data-centric applications, ADO.NET architecture, and ADO.NET and XML.
- Connect to SQL Server and other data sources.
- Perform connected database operations including executing SELECT commands, database definition commands, dynamic SQL commands, and commands that return data from a SQL Server database in XML.
- Build a DataSet schema, populate it with data, and modify the data programmatically.
- Build a DataSet from an existing data source.
- Use XML techniques while working with DataSets, including mapping tables and columns, creating XSD schemas, building strongly typed DataSets, and interacting with XMLDataDocuments.
- Build a Web service that uses ADO.NET to query and update a data source.
- Troubleshoot errors within an ADO.NET application.
- Module 1: Data-Centric Applications and ADO.NET
- Module 2: Connecting to Data Sources
- Module 3: Performing Connected Database Operations
- Module 4: Building DataSets
- Module 5: Reading and Writing XML with ADO.NET
- Module 6: Building DataSets from Existing Data Sources
- Module 7: Building and Consuming a Web Service That Uses ADO.NET