This course will introduce students to the advanced features of contact management.· Perform complex lookups by creating, naming, and using queries and Advanced queries.
· Automate procedures by recording and running macros, and by accessing macros through the toolbar.
· Exchange data by importing data into an ACT! database, exporting data out of an ACT! database, and synchronizing data between ACT! databases.
· Customize an ACT! database by modifying field names and attributes, layouts, menus, and keyboard shortcuts.
· Work with templates by creating, editing, merging, and applying templates.
· Work with report templates by creating and editing them.
· Manage a database by securing it, backing it up, and purging, compressing, and re-indexing it.
· Connect to World Wide Web sites by using Internet links.
· ACT! 6.0: Level 1
- Creating and Using Queries
- Creating Queries
- Creating Advanced Queries
- Adding Queries to the Lookup Menu
- Creating Macros
- Creating a Macro
- Adding Macros to the Toolbar
- Importing, Exporting, and Synchronizing Data
- Importing Data
- Exporting Data
- Exchanging Data Using Hand-held Devices
- Synchronizing Data
- Customizing ACT!
- Specifying Startup Settings
- Modifying Fields in a Database
- Modifying Layouts
- Modifying Menus and Keyboard Shortcuts
- Working with Templates and Mail Merge
- Creating a Mail Merge Template
- Generating Form Letters
- Adding Templates to the Write Menu
- Customizing Report Templates
- Modifying Report Templates
- Using a Custom Report Template
- Administrating Your ACT! Database
- Managing Data Security
- Performing System Maintenance
- Internet and E-mail Features
- Internet Services
- Email Functionality