This course is designed for an office professional who is familiar with the Windows environment and has introductory experience with Outlook, and wants to use advanced Outlook features to coordinate and manage mail, appointments, meetings, tasks, contacts, and notes.
In this course, students will use advanced Microsoft Outlook 2002 features. Topics covered include customizing your messages, organizing your mailbox, coordinating schedules, saving and archiving mail, and sharing Outlook data.
The target student is an office professional who is familiar with the Windows environment and has introductory experience with Outlook, and wants to use advanced Outlook features to coordinate and manage mail, appointments, meetings, tasks, contacts, and notes.
· You will create and use message stationery, modify message and delivery settings, and program Outlook to send messages on your behalf while you are out of the office. · You will share contact information with other users, export contact lists, link items to a contact, forward a note to a contact, and create and use a distribution list. · You will delegate a task, reply to a task request, specify settings for tracking assigned tasks, track assigned tasks, and share task information with other users. · You will sort, organize, and search for specific messages in your mailbox, and use color-coding to help items in your mailbox and calendar stand out. · You will modify the Outlook environment, including menus, toolbars, views, and default settings · You will share information contained in your Outlook folders with others, access another person's Outlook folders, save your calendar as a web page, and create and post to a public folder · You will save messages in alternate file formats, open another Office document within Outlook, archive messages, and clean up your mailbox.
· Students will be able to customize Outlook menus, toolbars, and messages, coordinate electronic scheduling, save and archive mail, and share contact and task information and other Outlook data.
· Microsoft Outlook 2002: Level 1
· Outlook 2002 Core : Outlook 2002 Core
· Microsoft Outlook 2002: Level 3
Customizing Your Mail
Use Message Stationery
Create Custom Stationery
Modify Message Formats
Modify Message Settings
Modify Delivery Options
Notify Others That You Will Be Out Of Office
Working With Contacts
Share Contacts With Other Users
Export Contact Lists
Link Items To A Contact
Forward Note To Contact
Create a Distribution List
Managing Your Work
Assign a Task
Reply to a Task Request
Send a Task Update
Specify Default Settings for Tracking AssignedTasks
Track Assigned Tasks
Share Task Information With Other Users
Organizing Your Mailbox and Calendar
Ways to Organize Outlook Items
Sort Messages Using Multiple Criteria
Assign Messages To Categories
Organize Messages By Using Colors
Find Specified Messages
Manage Messages with Rules
Apply Conditional Formats to Calendar Appointments