Managers with two to five years of experience, and at least three direct reports, who want to make the transition from an operational manager—focused on day-to-day activities—to a strategic thinker who takes part in moving the organization into the future.
If you want to move from being a good manager to being a great manager, you can’t afford to miss this seminar.
Here’s where you’ll learn to anticipate, initiate and manage change for maximum competitiveness…stay on course while constantly redefining and refocusing your department’s goals in order to hit a moving target…and determine where your unit is headed, as you take into account the multiple groups your decisions will impact.
• Inspire and direct your team to greater readiness and competitiveness
• Add value to your organization by understanding the needs of your customers
• Anticipate, create and encourage change
• Spot opportunities for successful strategic alliances
• Become an innovative, visionary leader
• Establish a strategic culture
• Identify the strengths and weaknesses in your work unit
• Keep your unit moving forward
• Take risks with confidence
• Explore the key attributes of managers vs. leaders
• Assess your operating management and strategic leadership practices
• Identify the forces influencing the future of your work unit
• Develop an inventory of SWOT that you recognize in your business
• How to build vision and strategic leadership
• Define key outputs at each level using various planning tools
• How to set priorities for strategic action
• Identify the profile of the manager or the leader
• Develop strategies for increasing your influencing skills
• Explore options for enhancing communication effectiveness
• Assess your skills to lead change
• How to manage change with action-oriented skill