This is event is a GSA-approved program (Federal Government approved).
e-mail a representative for GSA cost.
Whether it’s allocating resources for a project, funding a new initiative or establishing a supply chain for a new product or service, negotiation is inevitably at the heart of the process. But few people understand the structure, techniques and approaches available to them as they seek to positively influence an outcome.
This hands-on seminar gives you a step-by-step guide to effective negotiation—from establishing a formal planning process to prioritizing issues. From mastering persuasion techniques to identifying the communication styles of effective negotiators. From breaking deadlocks to negotiating as part of a team. From recognizing and using leverage to adjusting your strategy to the media used in the negotiation.
• Know when—and when not—to negotiate
• Develop an effective plan and strategy for any negotiation
• Know what behavior to adapt at each stage of the negotiation
• Adjust your communication style to achieve desired results
• Successfully apply the principles of persuasion to any negotiation situation
• Effectively negotiate face-to-face, on the phone or through e-mail and other media
• Recognize and counter the most common negotiating ploys
• Move from “no” to “maybe” to “yes”
Introduction to the Negotiation Process
• Explain the business importance of taking a win-win approach to negotiation
• Describe what influences the negotiation process
Planning the Content of Your Negotiation
• Determine alternatives to a settlement before negotiating
• Learn about the importance of using a negotiation planning guide
• Chart the course of a negotiation through its five stages from both the content and relationship
• Identify the causes of resistance you may face during the negotiation process
• Determine your style of communication
• Adjust your style to get the results you want
• Apply the structured persuasion model to improve your ability to convince others of your point of view
Planning a Strategy for Negotiation
• Consider various dynamics that impact the negotiation process
• Use of space, time and environment
Negotiating with a Team
• Explain how to organize, control and effectively manage a team
Negotiation Ploys and Tactics: Measures and Countermeasures
• Why you need to know ten key negotiation tactics