Planning and Managing Organizational Change Onsite Training - Available for Onsite Training ONLY
Change is inevitable. But when changes are made, many employees lack the broader knowledge of why new systems and structures are necessary. As a result, frontline managers and human resources professionals must partner together and help organizations lead and manage change.
This case study-based seminar will prepare managers responsible for facilitating or implementing change initiatives, identify key business drivers that typically underlie the need for change. You’ll learn how to work with key stakeholders in ways that build support and ensure positive outcomes for your bottom line.
• Assess major issues involved in organizational readiness
• Build executive sponsorship and ensure success of the plan
• Overcome emotional and intellectual challenges
• Demonstrate greater mastery of key change management skills
• Create effective communication plans
• Ensure all systems support—not undermine change
• Help the organization recover, rebound and learn from change
• What is change management?
• Dealing with the impact of change
• The role of communication in helping the organization move from fear to commitment
• Creating a change management plan
• The six-step change management process and key activities
• Typical impact of change on key human resources systems
• How to assess the results achieved and impact on change
• Individual work on personal change management opportunity