Best Practices for Applying the MBTI®
Instrument in Organizations: A Skills-Building Workshop
- Available for Onsite Presentation ONLY.
You’ve finished the MBTI® Qualifying Program…but are you prepared to apply it in your organization?
The MBTI® instrument can open the door to a whole new way of benefiting your organization—but only if you’re ready to use it. Completing the qualifying program is a great first step, but to become confident you have to practice, practice, practice! This interactive, hands-on one-and-a-half day workshop gives you the opportunity to apply the instrument in common workplace situations. You’ll engage in case studies, real-life scenarios and role play as you and your peers learn from each other, tap into the MBTI expertise of your seminar facilitator and increase your confidence in your work applications.
- Increase your confidence and competence in using the instrument
- Better understand the connection between your type and your communication
- Gain insight into how to communicate with your audience using type language
- Identify the links between type and the behaviors of decision makers
- Identify and resolve challenging situations using type
- Design an action plan for using the MBTI instrument in your organization
Identifying and practicing skills in flexing individual styles to communicate effectively
Clarify descriptions and behavioral characteristics at work of each MBTI preference
- Differentiate the communication needs of different types from a type model
- Role-play using type knowledge to influence clients and/or key decision-makers
- Practice recognizing type cue in the behaviors of others
Applying type knowledge in conflict situations
Recognize the influence of functions and attitudes on conflict
- Learn your type style in conflict situations, the type styles of others, and type-related techniques for dealing with conflict
- Apply type knowledge and a type model to conflict scenarios
Utilizing type dynamics to develop leaders and managers in organizations
Analyze the impact of type on leadership styles
- Identify type-related blind spots on individual development
- Define type-specific do’s and don’ts for facilitating development
Developing an action plan
Create next steps in MBTI skill development and integrating various levels of type knowledge into work
Trainers, HR professionals, OD practitioners, consultants, managers and all others who have completed an MTBI Qualifying Program and want to practice applying the MBTI instrument in common workplace situations.
online resources before the live portion of the training seminar to prepare and
help align the learning experience. Continue after the instructor-led training
with an online community where your staff will have the opportunity to view
topical Web blogs and communicate with their seminar facilitator and peers to
aid in their successful application of the MBTI instrument.