Learning Method: Instructor-led Classroom Learning
Duration: 1.00 Day(s)
Students must hold the ITIL v2 Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management. Candidates must provide their ITIL v2 Foundation certificate number upon registration and bring photo identification to class.
To cover the changes in ITIL v3, thus enabling students to see key differences and benefits within the new version. Focus will be on the new five stage service lifecycle approach to implementing new and changed services as well as understand key new concepts, functions, processes and changes to existing processes.
ITIL v3 overview; Drivers and links to v2; Key components of v3; Benefits of v3; RACI Model and Organizational Business connections; Overview of lifecycle approach, core books and understandings:
• Service Economics, ROI, Service Portfolio Management, and Demand Management
• Service Catalogue Management, SLM, Availability Management, IT Service Continuity Management, Supplier Management, Information Security Management, and Capacity Management
• Best Practices in Release Management, Change Management, Program/Project Risk Management, Service Asset and Configuration Management, CMS, DML and the Spares Store
• Incident, Problem, Event, and Access Management, Request Fulfillment and the Service Desk
Continual Service Improvement
• Review, Audit, and Metrics through the Continual Service Improvement; New/changed concepts and new definitions and terms
ITIL v3 Foundation Bridge Examination
• A 20 question, multiple choice, 30-minute proctored exam; candidates must get 13 or more correct to pass.