Termination Practices That Stand Up to Legal Scrutiny Audio Conference
Someday it could happen to you—a terminated employee files a wrongful discharge suit against your organization and you’re in the hot seat, not sure where you stand legally. Frightening? Yes. But this situation doesn’t have to happen to you. There are steps you can take—long before you fire an employee—that will decrease your chances of ending up in court. Learn them now—before it’s too late—in this one-hour audio conference.
It’s easier than ever for fired employees to take their former employers to court—but that’s no reason to shirk your responsibility to fire a poor performer. In this audio conference, you’ll learn tips and strategies that will make it easier for you to conduct terminations effectively and legally. We’ll cover separation agreements, performance evaluations, implied contracts—all the legal hot spots you must navigate.
Enroll now in this audio conference to learn how to enhance your legal defense so you can successfully oppose claims—should the worst happen.
You’ll learn so much in just an hour, including:
- What exactly makes a termination wrongful? You may be surprised
- 4 tips for avoiding “revenge lawsuits” filed by disgruntled former employees
- How prevention of wrongful discharge lawsuits starts long before you fire an employee
- Understanding the opportunities—and risks—that surround performance evaluations
- How the way you fire an employee can trigger legal action
- The danger of “implied contracts”: How to guard against making promises that won’t—or can’t—be kept
- Separation agreements: Do they really keep you out of court?
- How some employers make it so easy for former employees to justify claims of wrongful termination
- The advantages of conducting exit interviews
Audio event plus CD recording*: Just $448 (You save $50!)
Audio event Only: Just $249
Audio CD recording*: Just $249
* Each of our live audio conferences is recorded. CD recordings may be purchased when you register for a live event ($50 savings when you do), or you may purchase the CD recording separately. CDs are available 14 – 21 days after the event.
When you sign up for a SkillPath audio conference or webinar, your registration fee entitles you to one conference phone-line/webinar connection. Buy as many connections as you need and the number of people joining you to learn on each connection is totally up to you! Your single connection covers unlimited participants, and includes a workbook in pdf format each participant can print out to use. The convenience of concise training dealing with important business issues presented right in your own office or conference room—and for one low price—simply can’t be beat. You can count on SkillPath to present only the most up-to-date skills you can use right away to take the next step up your career ladder.
Conference start times:
2 p.m. Eastern
1 p.m. Central
12 p.m. Mountain
11 a.m. Pacific
10 a.m. Alaskan